THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Looking for a Pheasant Hunt for 2009

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a Pheasant Hunt for 2009
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Some hunters have suggested the Gregory, Winner area of South Dakota.

Looking for a hunt that's not to expensive.

I've been told you can plan a hunt one of two ways.
Plan one: Go with an outfitter that furnishes everything. A place to hunt, guide, dogs lodging and food.
Plan 2: Stay in a Motel, eat on your own and go with an outfitter for a place to hunt, guide and dogs.

Any suggestions?
Mauser K98

Posts: 193 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 01 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do a Google search for

(1) Kansas pheasant hunting and (2) North Dakota pheasant hunting and pick what you like best.

Personally I like North Dakota late in the season when the dumb birds are gone and the ones left have long tails and big spurs.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I could provide a place to go and the dogs in MT. P.M me on dates and number of people etc.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also have a farmer friend in SD near Mitchell that runs a pay to hunt operation with his sons. He offers room and board and guides for a very reasonable price. PM me if you would like some info. Great guy, great family, wonderful food and lots of birds. I have been going with him since about 1992.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5506 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
My family and I have hunted Ringneck Ranch in Tipton, Kansas (http://www.ringneckranch.net/)several times and were very happy with the price, amanities, staff, dogs, and the birds. They also have Prarie Chickens available if you like walking (which I do).

Dave

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3821 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote