New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mojo-Dove really works!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi folks, Just had to pass this on, we used a Mojo-Dove this morning and boy did it really work!!! This was the first time we've used it and we were hunting a new property so we were a little skeptical. Not any more!! We set it in an open dirt spot and put 8 or 10 regular decoys around it and sat about 20 yards away. It pulled doves from several hundred yards away. Our biggest complaint was that the doves wanted to land right next to it and we had to be careful not to shoot it! Even so we poked a hole in the wing! If you use decoys I can say for sure that this really works. The best regular decoys were the ones that you can just stick in the ground. The ones with the "clothes-pin" style clip kinda suck, they kept falling over. Good luck!!! Joe

Posts: 185 | Location: ohio | Registered: 13 June 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
thanks for the info, i've been wondering if a decoy would work

one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
We have been using one this year and had the same result as goosejoe. The doves want to land near it.

What surprises me is that they just walk up to it and keep looking it over.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I've used one for two years now. My observations have been the same as well. The little suckers what to land right on top of it.

About 3 weeks ago I learned something else about the little mojo-dove. They also bring in pigeons!! thumb

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote