THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Re: New Argentina gun Tax! $70 per gun!!!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: New Argentina gun Tax! $70 per gun!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted
i just returned from usa and i cannot believe all the new things of this left wing government we miust figth back now or we will lost all you must write to your senators and our senators its now we are 900.000 registered gun owners a million not registered and a million more that soots with that guns so we must figth or we will lost everything im a certified shooting instructor and i not charge a dolar for any type of class and i have my own shooting range .WE MUST FIGTH NOW

Posts: 6367 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JohnAir
posted Hide Post
As Nainital pointed out; what is called for is something akin to the NRA. A bunch of individuals writing to their Argentine representatives would be a waste of time at best and a doorway to retaliation at worst. What is needed to start with is a list of all the LU credential holders in Argentina and funds and personnel to start contacting them and any other individuals sympathetic to your cause. Then a letter requesting protection of your gun rights backed up by 1.5 million votes would be effective because they would realize that you are not just full of hot air. IMHO

Seeing as I am an American, not an Argentine, and have never made a secret of where my loyalties are to be found, I�m afraid the fighting is going to have to come from the Argentines if they want to keep their guns. Nevertheless I will admit to a fondness to the Argentine people (at least some of them) and a desire that they be treated by their government in a way that is fitting to a free people.

one of us
Picture of JohnAir
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a group of hunters at the airport and was greeted with the news that Argentina has started charging a $70 per gun tax. This tax will no doubt cause indignation among visiting hunters and hurt the hunting industry in Argentina. It is a typical Argentine decision that only measures short term profits. I will keep you informed as I learn more.

one of us
Picture of JohnAir
posted Hide Post
Nainital,
As usual your comments are right on the money. Action is needed, but what action?. The problem that I see with this is that as always there are more laws and more regulations and more emergency taxes that end up being unenforceable anyway. For example the tax on cars that was supposed to be used to pay school teachers. The people who paid it lost there money, those who didn�t don�t have to anymore because it just went away and the money that was raised never got to the schoolteachers anyway.

As for the certified shooting instructors; that is a "curro" plain and simple (scam for those who don�t speak Argentine).

a couple months ago I took a young nephew who wanted to learn how to shoot to the local range ( he is 17). I was told that he could not shoot with out the certified shoooting instructor (Chi-Ching goes the cash register). When the instructor shows up he is a someone who I taught how to shoot pistol and shotgun (he still has no idea how to use a rifle). To raise my indignation level even further we start talking and he tells me that he paid $200 to the person in BsAs who certifies the instructors so that he would give him the answers to the test.

Did I ever tell you about the time when the director of fauna of the Province of Chaco argued with me for an hour trying to convince me that there were two kinds of brocket deer. Those with velvet covered antlers and those without. He ended up telling me that I was a snot nosed kid that shouldn't be arguing with his elders who know better. I had just arrived in Argentina and was 20 years old at the time.

Look what you�ve done now, got me good and started. I probably won�t be able to eat my asado tonight.

one of us
Picture of JohnAir
posted Hide Post
"Yo Argentino"

On a more serious note:
More info on the new forms;
You still have to fill out the same old form and bring it with you(in
triplicate). The difference is that instead of paying $10 per gun with this
form you now pay nothing for this form and $70 per gun with another form
that you will get at customs on arrival. They are not selling or otherwise
making these new forms available before arrival.