THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Please Help me identify this new O/U shotgun I just bought

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please Help me identify this new O/U shotgun I just bought
 Login/Join

<Embalmer>
posted
I just bought an over/under 12 guage shotgun for dirt cheap. (The guy was having money troubles) It seems to work great and everything functions flawlessly on it. I have not fired it yet but I dont expect there to be a problem. The guy I bought it from just used it that morning to take a few doves before he sold it for old time sake so I know it works ok.

So here is what is marked on the barrel.

Left side
Universal Firearms Corp
Hialeah, Florida 5 Brescea Italy

Right side
12 Guage 26" Mod 2035

From the looks of things it is a low end shotgun. Nothing special. The wood is of medium to low quality. (nothing special) with diamond checkering on the removable forearm peice and again on the palmswel portion of the buttstock.

but the thing that suprises me is the large amount of engraving on all metal parts other then the barrel itself and the trigger guard. It has pretty detailed engraving on both sides of the frame and on the top of it along with the thumb release and all the way around the tumb safety.

It has a vented rib with 2 beads, one at the far end and one halfway down the rib from the frame end. It also has a double trigger.

So, does anyone have any idea what this shotgun is? I know it is a low end piece but with the engraving I am starting to wonder.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Embalmer,
Universal had firearms manufactured from the late 1950's until 1983 when they were taken over by Iver Johnson. They imported the rifles from Italy etc. at small arms factories marketed them in the US. Engraving was cheap in those days and often used to dress up their firearms as well as others that imported from Italy and Spain.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote