Find
Notify
Tools

Central zone opening day
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Jackduckhunter
posted
Well it was a "dues paying day" in that we suffered through the rain and misery with few ducks flying. My youngest boy and I headed out this morning and while the ducks didn't cooperate we did manage a few geese. The best part was that due to some complications from Lyme disease I can't really get enough air to properly blow my goose call so I had my youngest get on it when we had a few geese going past us a good 200 yards plus out. As soon as he hit the call he turned them and called them right into out laps! That was pretty awesome for me to witness my son doing! Tomorrow the coastal zone opens and hopefully the ducks are more cooperative!

Captain Jack Renfrew
Coastline Guide Service
www.CoastlineGuideService.com

Posts: 110 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 21 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Great job on Gray, and you too, Pops!

We got into a good spot up top and had no trouble limiting out (woodies, GWT and mallards). TONS of geese around. Quickie and his bud got a couple of banded geese. Coastal in a few hours. Back in the saddle again! Wink

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice!! He seems well trained, taking hand signals and the whistle well I take it!!?? Wink

Captain Jack Renfrew
Coastline Guide Service

Posts: 110 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 21 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice job gents.....one and all!

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Norton!

Captain Jack Renfrew
Coastline Guide Service

posted Hide Post
Congrats on a great hunt! Nothing better than spending time with family and being out in the blind. Sandwich might be soggy and your waders might leak, but I can never wait to get out and do it again. Smiler

Posts: 5 | Location: MN | Registered: 23 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 219Zipper:
Congrats on a great hunt! Nothing better than spending time with family and being out in the blind. Sandwich might be soggy and your waders might leak, but I can never wait to get out and do it again. Smiler

Yup those days with my boys are the best!

Captain Jack Renfrew
Coastline Guide Service