THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Waterfowlers can be a gear heavy lot, but this?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Waterfowlers can be a gear heavy lot, but this?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted
From an email from MPW. More than a bit ridiculous, if you ask me. Thoughts, anyone?

http://www.mackspw.com/Item--i-WIA80?SRC=W0814NTLE0919W...&utm_campaign=091907

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gas57
posted Hide Post
I have never heard of waterfowl coming to the right scents. Put out your decoys, hide in a good blind, practice your calls and shooting and save your dough! What is next, mouthwash and deodorant for your retriever? Have fun, shoot birds!

When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults!

Posts: 903 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
No kidding. A buddy from TN used to cook up the first mallard breasts of the morning with biscuits in his boat blind. More birds came, of course. What's that tell you? That mallards are a cannibalistic lot? Smiler PT Barnum was right.

KG

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am not very expereinced with duck, but this month shot a few by simply crawling along reeds and jumping them...good fun too!

Cheers

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The only birds I know of that have a sense of smell, and a very good one at that , is our turkey vulture [some call them buzzards].Apparently they developed the sense of smell because they winter in Central America where very thick jungle prevents them from seeing carrion so they have to smell it to find it....On the other hand I've known many people who are attracted to the smell of cooking birds !! Big Grin

one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
A typical Macks Prairie Wings promotion. I am sure they will be laughing all the way to the bank about the dopes that pay for this.

By the time a duck gets close enough to get a whiff of this stuff he will get shot at whether he likes it or not.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Mete,
You're exactly right, that's what I learned studying for my wildlife degrees as well. As I recall in NA only turkey vultures have a developed olfactory capability.

Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2508 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote