New
Find
Notify
Tools

Simson 90's First Blood
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Owen and I hit our grouse spot one last time for the year and will now let it rest, so there'll be a good bird carry over for next season. We got our two-bird limits.

The Simson 90 drilling in 12ga and 7X65R proves to be a good upland gun with the top tang safety and a decent weight for a bigger drilling.

JENNY GAVE OWEN A "THANK YOU" KISS. :grin:

HEAVY TWO-BIRD BAG LIMIT.

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic pictures,love the boy and dogs, he's lucky to have a granddad to take him hunting, a job well done, and worth every second!!

Posts: 564 | Location: texas | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Butch! Wink

Owen is a great kid, and I'm awfully proud of him. His grandad walks on water, just ask him. Big Grin

He saw photos of me and my dad when I was his age and asked what kind of shotgun I had. It was 1955 when I first went wing-shooting with a Savage 220 hammerless 20ga single shot. He HAD to have the same gun, so we went internet shopping and now have them in 410, 20ga, 16ga and 30-30.

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent stuff....keep it coming.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
You're a fortunate grandfather...but then you're grandson's wealthy that way too. I'd consider framing that first photo or, perhaps, having it printed on canvas. It's a classic for the ages.

Well done!

Posts: 1262 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
I love that old photo. Thanks for sharing tu2

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
just beautifull photos as a fan bird hunter i really appreciatte them .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6382 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote