THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Unleaded shot for muzzleloaders

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unleaded shot for muzzleloaders
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Who has a source for Bismuth or some other suitable shot for waterfowl in muzzleloaders?

Posts: 403 | Location: Hurricane Central, FL | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
Ballistic Products used to carry bismuth shot. Don't know if they still do though.

You can also try hevi-shot hevi-shot which is supposed to be safe for old soft double barrel shotgunts and which might be OK for your muzzleloader.

John

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John: Heavy Shot is too hard for use without thick shot cups. I shoot bare with wads.

Posts: 403 | Location: Hurricane Central, FL | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tanker:
John: Heavy Shot is too hard for use without thick shot cups. I shoot bare with wads.

I wondered about that.

Bismuth would be the best, but I've heard that demand is so high that almost all bismuth shot production goes into loaded ammo.

Good luck in any case!

John

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted Hide Post
How about Nice Shot , it's an approved non toxic and is maleable.

A friend used some and liked it.

And there's these guys, Hunters Bismuth