THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Central Flyway Swans in Montana

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Central Flyway Swans in Montana
 Login/Join

<richard powell>
posted
I sent away my application forms to try to get a swan tag for either one of those two flyways .. I doubt if I will get the Pacific Flyway. I did get it last year there but a ridiculous October cold spell froze up ...(sigh) Freezeout Lake .. Or was it Freezeup Lake ?? Is there anyone who can suggest an area to hunt for the Central Flyway .. I live 60 miles north of the Montana/Alberta border in Lethbridge ... I reckon that I can just get the map .. find out where the flyway is exactly .. and go find some smaller bodies of water ... but it never hurts to ask folks who know way more than I ... (I ask a lot of questions of a lot of people) [Smile] [Smile]

<richard powell>
posted
Ha! I seem to be replying to my own post.. I just got back from eastern Montana and hunted near the town of Malta.. This hunt was so exciting that I was shouting and trembling at the same time !!! And I have hunted lions in the dark ... I would recommend the experience of swan hunting.. They still have left over tags for that flyway ...

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Swan-Killer,
The only thing I know about swans is the story of the little ugly duck I learn at school, I can't believe you just kill it [Big Grin]

Next year you will be hunting something more interesting than swans...!! believe me [Smile]

Everything is setup
LG

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
<richard powell>
posted
Lorenzo !! I tried to e mail a picture of that British Columbia moose that I whacked in August to you but it wouldn't work. Too big ... I might have to send it snail mail .. Also, I will get the swan pictures done and sent .. Quite a year .. I got a parrot and a swan !! And you say everything is set up now ? Bravo !!! I can't promise that I won't tremble when the roaring commences .. If I do, I'll just let you assume that it is from excitement !! Take care, amigo !! [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richard powell:
. . . . Too big ... I might have to send it snail mail ..

Richard,
I have used "IrfanView", a photo handling software that is very simple to use. I set up a photo gallery for our website and used it to convert from bitmap to jpeg, crop, sharpen, straighten and especially re-size pics. Very powerful and easy to use, as well as free for private use. Mr. Irfan even granted permission for me to use it free for my business site.

Here's the link:
IrfanView.Com
Regards,
Ed

Posts: 588 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 08 April 2003Reply With Quote
<richard powell>
posted
Thanks, Ed ! I shall try my best ...