Find
Notify
Tools

1000 acre dove roost
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JohnAir
posted
I just got back from looking at a place that is up for sale. An aquaintance told me about it and said that their were many doves. Well! I guess so! I walked around the place for the better part of a day and there were dove nesting everywhere. Young birds just learning to fly were walking on the forest floor all over the place. Non stop flights cruised over me the whole time. In a couple places I stopped and did my imaginary 1 minute shooting routine to calculate how many shots an hour the place would be good for. Results were between 720 shots and 1680 per hour at different places on the property. It has good natural water supply and fencing but needs to have some truck paths cleared. When the guy who was showing it to me bent down to open a water valve on an australian tank he jumped back in terror as something moved very quickly under the valve. It was another young dove. I could have filled a large garbage bag with them in no time at all. It is no wonder we have a huge population of foxes with all the food they have and the price of pelts too low to even bother.

This place looks like..... well......it looks like it wants to be mine!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like fun what kind of price is land bring down there.

Posts: 19428 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JohnAir
posted Hide Post
This place is $200,000. Land price varies depending on how good it is for agriculture and proximity to larger cities. Good agricultural land in Cordoba is 0ver $1000/hectare. Hilly land ideal for dove hunting and with beutiful scenery is between $200 and $500 a hectare.

one of us
Picture of JohnAir
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Any stags or other big game on it. how about ponds for waterfowl. Looks good.

Posts: 19428 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JohnAir
posted Hide Post
No stags in this part of Argentina. I wish they had been introduced though. From the look of the terrain they would have done great. The only big game is Puma, javelina and brocket deer. Two ponds but no waterfowl to speak of.