New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winston Salem bird hunting
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,
I am new to the forum, so forgive me if I make a few gaffs here and there. I am Brazilian but live in London, UK. In April 2007 I will going across the pond to the US, more specifically to Winston Salem in North Carolina, for a friend's wedding.
I would like to take the opportunity to do a bit of hunting and check out what our colleagues in the US can find in and around that neck of the woods.
Here in the UK I hunt mainly deer and rabbits, having shot also back in Brazil and Italy for other species.
I would really appreciate if you guys out there could let me know what I could expect to find in the areas around Winston Salem, what game will be in season, etc.
I have heard quite a bit about the turkey hunting in the US, so this to me would be a novelty, as I have never shot any bird bigger than a pheasant.
Any information is much appreciated. I am also a keen and much travelled spearfisherman, so I will be trying to shoot a few fish out in the Gulf Stream and see what it is like. I heard that the sharks are there are pretty vicious, so I may need to double up my life insurance, just in case.
Regards to all and safe shooting,
George Balbino