THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Chuckar in northwestern Nevada.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chuckar in northwestern Nevada.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hey guys,

Today was opening day of chuckar season in Nevada. A friend and I went to the spot where we always go on opening day. We scouted way up north by Gerlach. Saw 1 bird in 3 days of scouting. Well, Where we always go on opening day we saw a totoal of 2 birds. Of thwe total of 14 hunters in the canyon (2 of us Included) there were only 6 birds taken. We had no winter moisture to speak of and no spring feed for the birds. I had been in that same canyon twice this year checking on the birds and the most I saw was 2 live birds. With the price of gas now my chuckar season is done for the year. I'm not going to spend the money to chase them this year but will always have a shotgun handy just in case I run into some. They are out there, but the numbers are real slim. I'm going to chase crows, coyotes and squirells. I'm sure I'll get more trigger time. Well, That is my report for northern Nevada.

Tony Frowner

Posts: 77 | Location: Sparks, Nevada | Registered: 09 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Tony,
I'm sorry to hear that. I have always heard Nevada was a haven for chuckar.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote