THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Great late season Mallard shoot

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great late season Mallard shoot
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Wow is all i can say.
We were shooting in a hailed out pea field 195 kms south east of Edmonton Alberta. The set up was rather simple with 50 decoys and a couple of MoJo's. we had our 32 bird limit on the ground in less than 20 minutes, then spent the rest of the early morning in the blinds watching as flock after flock descended into the spread. Should have had a video camera as the numbers of bird was just unbelievable. The birds we harvested were of great size with that nice orange breast fat.
A shoot I will never forget.
Thanks Greg

Posts: 698 | Location: Edmonton Alberta | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good for you.

What is the limit per person?

I'll bet it was cold as hell this time of the year.

Posts: 12027 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Greg,
Do you belong to a club or hunting organization in EDM?
I will be back in EDM in Jan and would like to meet more hunters / shooters.

I have enjoyed some duck and goose shooting quite close to Edmonton too (Bashaw and about 150km out of town on the Cold Lake hwy)

Cheers
Brian

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry
The bag limit on ducks in Alberta is 8, same with Canada Geese.
Kayaker I belong to D U and pheasants forever, but haven't joined Albeta F&G yet
The weather wasn't too bad minus 4 or 5 degrees celcius.
We have some good shooting right thur Dec on a couple of coal fires electricity plants that have huge cooling pond where the water never freezes.
Thanks Greg

Posts: 698 | Location: Edmonton Alberta | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote