Notify
Tools

Rubber hunting boots...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Enigma
posted
Hello fellow members,

I was wondering if anyone of you has any comments to make about Muck Boots... I ordered a pair of Muck Woody Armor boots for the upcoming season. They are supposed to be puncture proof to a certain extent... I'm tired of getting my feet wet! Feel free to share your stories.

Here is the link to the model of boot I ordered: http://www.muckbootcompany.com/products/SBR-MOBU

Cheers,

Mo

Posts: 347 | Location: Canada | Registered: 30 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
I've not used Muck, but I have heard good things about them. That said, I think the time to ask for opinions on a product is *before* you buy... Roll Eyes Wink I do like my XtraTuffs a lot, and they havce served me well for a couple years now. I will never again purchase a LaCrosse product. 3 times I was left wet with 3 different products of theirs (2 waders and 1 pair of boots). When I contacted them for replacement I was essentially told to go spit.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
I have a pair of Muck Woodys. Great boots, comfortable and warmer than other rubber boots I have. I've warn them in temps ranging from 80+F to 20F and had no problems. The neoprene calf is a much more flexable and softer than all rubber boots and breathes well. The best thing about them IMHO is that they are easy to get on and off, unlike the pair of LaCrosse I have that seem to form a vacuum around my feet. I dont think they have a lot of arch support in them, but I have flat feet so they work well for me.

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
I have four pairs of Wellies.

A pair of Walmart Ozark Trail camo neoprene ones I bought for $35. I love them, but they could use better insoles.

A pair of Muck Muckmasters, and I love them but at $180 they aren't $150 better than the Walmart guys.

A pair of Le Chameau in rubber with leather liners. They are exceptional, but I have really big calves and I ended up returning them to Orvis and buying another pair from England with wider calves.

A pair of Extra Tuffs that most Alaskans wear everyday during the summer. I like the fact that they are steel toed for working in the shop, but that's about it. They aren't as nice as any of the ones above.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
I have a pair of muck boots. They are without a doubt the most comfortable boot I've ever worn. Wonderfuly dry and warm.
They are not, however, dog-proof. My wife wore them one day (why, I don't know) then left them out for my German Shorthaired Pointer, Molly to play with. Dogs can bite through the tops.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Enigma
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone for your replies. Its nice to see that most of you enjoy Muck products. I will write a review when I get them...

Cheers,

Maurice

Posts: 347 | Location: Canada | Registered: 30 August 2004Reply With Quote