Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dove's in Argentina
 Login/Join

posted
Can someone give me an idea what it costs to hunt dove's in Argentina? What is a good time of year, any recommendations on outfitters, etc? This sounds like a lot of fun.

posted Hide Post
I would highly recommend John Airala's outfit. You can find him at WWW.Sportingdestination.com. He list details and pricing and from what I can gather he's very reasonable. He has some postings in the bird hunting forum from around November where you can pick up his link. Ron L. has been down 3 times and can give you additional info. Warning: Once you hunt down there you'll be ruined for life!
Tom T

Posts: 17 | Location: Hendersonville, NC | Registered: 25 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom, this is great information.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hammertime: you can shoot doves in Argentina the whole year. These birds are considered vermin in most places. Perhaps you may wish to visit www.argentinasbesthunts.com and see more details for yourself. Feel free to contact me if you need more info.
Regards

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We are going in mid-May to hunt near Santiago Del Estero (Western Argentina, nr foothills of the Andes). Five days hunting (Monday through Friday), doves/pigeons, ducks, and partridge over dogs. Dedicated estancia, en-suite bedrooms. World class live pigeon shot is the guide. $250/day plus shells and tips. And we are shooting MATCHED PAIRS of guns to make this a little different than the usual Benelli affair. And there is room for a couple more like-minded folks to come along. Email me if interested russ@canby.com

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2928 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Russ: Santiago del Estero is in Eastern Argentina and not Western. By the way, the Andes are far, far away. That area is mostly flatland and thorny bushes.
Regards

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well Geography was never my long suit.

My map shows it due North or Cordoba, which makes it about central, certainly west of Buenos Aires, and it's on the fringe of a mountain chain which I assumed was the Andes but it could be some other range. Perhaps you could help me with that.

This will be my first trip, can you comment on the shooting in that province?

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2928 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Russ: you are almost right, the Province´s location could be defined as central in the Northernmost part of the country. All this said, come and see. Simply put, we locals don´t shoot doves or pigeons. The birds´ numbers are unbelievable of course. There are several big game outfitters operating there, by the way. Regarding hills, there are the Guasayán, the Sumampa and Ambargasta, between others. Or the near Tucuman´s hills.
Good shooting