THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    David Denies Wingshooting Argentina

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

David Denies Wingshooting Argentina
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just got back from a four day duck hunting trip with David Denies Outfitters. I took my dad for Fathers Day. He is 75 and had a blast. We were staying at the Los Crestones Lodge. Great trip even though the hunting was less than expected. We hunted ducks 4 mornings and 2 afternoons. Dove one afternoon and perdiz the other. The doves have to be seen to be believed. We were at a very low volume roost area and still shot 12 boxes in 1.5 hours.

The duck hunting could have been better but by USA standards it was incredible. Our best hunt was 36 ducks in an afternoon. The worst was 12 ducks one morning. All different species than we have here. They are experiencing way too much rain right now and the birds were not concentrated anywhere which made the hunting tougher than we expected.

We shot Maxus, Beretta, and Benelli autos for ducks, Beretta .28 bore O/U for perdiz and dove, and my dad shot a Beretta .20 auto for dove.

If anyone has contemplated making this kind of trip, I highly recommend it. Trip of a lifetime but now I want to go back! I can't say enough about the quality of service from the house staff and the professionalism of the hunting guides.

NoCAL

Posts: 167 | Location: Woodland, CA USA | Registered: 11 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been to Argentina 11 times. I can tell you that the water level and clarity of the water most definitely affect the shooting from one year to the next. Last year, I shot just over 900 ducks in 6 days.

I am going to miss that trip this year. We are going to New Zealand instead.

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We are going the first of February

Jim

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
We have clouds of ducks ,but they arent in the river this year .You can find them in crop lands because part of Santa Fe is under the water ,the ducks are very happy feeding on corn ,sorgun etc .
Ibelieve its one of the best seasons ever .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6382 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote