I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
'Pumping in water'? Good grief Palmer! You boys don't have any, you pump in your own? Man, and I thought I was a little bananas with the ducks... Smiler

KG

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
Kamo,

There is a river about 30 yds to the right of this cleared area. In a couple weeks this timber will be about knee deep.

On the other hand, all the rain from the hurricanes may save some diesel gas.

Some years this area is good - others not. It depends on how cold it gets during the season. Some years it just freezes over and the ducks move on to Stuttgart.

By the way, in case there was any doubt in your mind, you are still the big banana when it comes to ducks.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Palmer:
Kamo,

There is a river about 30 yds to the right of this cleared area. In a couple weeks this timber will be about knee deep.

On the other hand, all the rain from the hurricanes may save some diesel gas.

Some years this area is good - others not. It depends on how cold it gets during the season. Some years it just freezes over and the ducks move on to Stuttgart.

By the way, in case there was any doubt in your mind, you are still the big banana when it comes to ducks.

Ah, OK, got it. I still say you and I are about on par, though. Making your own honeyhole? That's some shit, P, and not exactly the kind of endeavor performed by the once a season type waterfowler. Smiler

Thanks for the chuckle on the big banana comment. I know fully it wasn't meant in any nasty way, but the last time I was called a banana, the caller was spitting chicklets shortly after. You see, a banana in some circles is an insult toward those of Asian extraction who have 'sold out' to the white man (whatever that means--not peeing in the wonton soup, maybe? Wink). Yellow on the outside, white on the inside, don'tcha know. Interchangeable with Twinkie, and the same idea as Oreo for the brothers. I don't respond very well to either, believe it or not. Shocking, I know. wave

There is one other person who uses the term big banana in reference to me, however, that I have no problem with: the lass who married me. I won't elaborate any further than that as far as why. Wouldn't want to appear immodest and all...
banana

Cheers, bud.

KG

P.S. Offer to come up for a seaduck smash in the layout rig come late Winter still stands.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
KG
I think it's shocking to use such terms of insult towards a Bosox fan who also happens to be a duck hunter. As a Yankee fan, I disavow such insults. Oh, did I mention that the great photographs that you showed once of a duck hunt where everyone was encased in snow and maybe, even ice, would make a great "Exhibit A" attached to an application to have you committed? (You knew that was coming, didn't you after I mentioned Bosox and Yankees in consecutive sentences) Smiler

Posts: 46 | Location: The Empire State | Registered: 06 August 2008Reply With Quote