Find
Notify
Tools

2009 NH closer
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted
Headed out with a bud this am to see what we could do for the closer. Was kind of blowy on 95... Wink

After setting up, my bud gets ready to stash the boat.

Looking back at our perch on a wee island in the bay from the spread.

The only customer for the day. We both cut loose on the only bird that worked us, and after a mere 6 shots, we got him to give up the ghost. Smiler

Decisive action was required to get the rig out. *Slighty salty language warning*.

For all our efforts, we saw very, very few birds. We heard and saw a bunch of whistlers before shooting light, but they disappeared before legal. After we killed the black duck, a smallish flock of honkers visited us just before we called it, but the whole gang flew off, despite our best efforts to hurl bits of steel at them to knock them down.

As always, enjoyed the company and the reassurance that I'm not the only nut willing to do about anything to see some birds, in virtually any weather.

All said, the year's duck season has been poor to very poor in MA and NH, and today went out with a whimper. 12 days left in MA before the fat broad wails. Hope we can get a couple good shoots in before it's over for the year.

Hope all the watermen here are well.

Cheers,

KG

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
Nice looking black duck - wish we had them around here.

I wonder if I could take out a life insurance policy on you for next year....

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote