THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Goose trail bologna= Delicious!!!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Goose trail bologna= Delicious!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi folks, Had a great early goose season this year in Ohio, got our limit of 3 geese each quite often. Got tired of BBQ goose, crockpot goose, goose sandwiches. You get the picture! Asked my butcher if he'd make us some trail bologna and he said sure, just got it back and it is fantastic!!!We had two 25 pound batches (it has to be 25 pound increments, one spicey and one mild, they are both great. My Mother, who is not a wild game eater can't stop eating it!
I can't wait until the late goose season comes in because he said he'll make us a batch of "hot sticks" (kind of like Slim Jims). We just got back from dove hunting and my Dad wants to filet the breasts and get some dove trail bologna! I'm not too sure about that!!!
One thing to keep in mind, double check goose meat for steel shot, my butcher charges 50 bucks to replace the plate for grinding meat if a steel shot gets in! I think I'll go over mine with a metal detector next time!!! Go hunt something, you ain't getting younger!
Joe

Posts: 185 | Location: ohio | Registered: 13 June 2003Reply With Quote