THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Any Suggestions For A Dove Call?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Suggestions For A Dove Call?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'd like to try one but have no idea where to get one, any ideas? Thanks

Posts: 385 | Location: Brunswick, GA | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just curious, what for?

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
For scaring doves away, silly.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes

Posts: 885 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never fails, I can always count on this forum. popcorn

Posts: 385 | Location: Brunswick, GA | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kend, I am wondering why anybody that shoots doves with a shotgun would want a dove call? If you are in the right spot you shouldnt have to call them as they will be flying all around you. Decoys are by far the best method. If it makes YOU feel better to use a call, by all means use one but dont feel bad if the doves ignore it. Hope this helps

Posts: 885 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
try the Faulks dove call. I have used them in the past and they work surprisingly well. With a mojo dove decoy and a the call you can pull the doves away from you buddies.

Posts: 88 | Location: Reno, NV | Registered: 02 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SDR, thanks for answering my question, that's the info I was looking for. 4 BS answers to 1 serious answer, that's about right for this forum.

It doesn't matter if they work or not, that wasn't the question. Maybe I'm not in quite the right spot and I need them to fly 11 feet closer. Or, they're too close and I want to scare them away 11 feet. That's what Deer and Crow calls are for, to scare away the target game, that's why there are eleventy million on the market. How do I know if it makes ME feel better to use a call if I've never used one?

There, more questions to ignore and an opportunity to float unsolicited opinions. Let'er rip guys, she's all yours!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
if you need them 11 feet closer just learn to shoot better, if you need them 11 feet further just wave your arms.......... there I helped you, you dont need a dove call.... rotflmo

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kend,

lighten up man, we're just prank'n with you!

Here's my dove call story:

I bought a dove call when I was about 13. Figured it would be a great way to lure in some birds on those slow afternoons when they weren't flying much. I'd just sit out there in the field and hoot away...To my recollection, it never worked, but my dad thought is was really funny! I soon gave up the practice.

Here's what I used: http://richmond.craigslist.org/spo/2519810098.html

Hope this helps!

JW

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kend:
SDR, thanks for answering my question, that's the info I was looking for. 4 BS answers to 1 serious answer, that's about right for this forum.

It doesn't matter if they work or not, that wasn't the question. Maybe I'm not in quite the right spot and I need them to fly 11 feet closer. Or, they're too close and I want to scare them away 11 feet. That's what Deer and Crow calls are for, to scare away the target game, that's why there are eleventy million on the market. How do I know if it makes ME feel better to use a call if I've never used one?

There, more questions to ignore and an opportunity to float unsolicited opinions. Let'er rip guys, she's all yours!

I'm guessing you're as much fun to be around as oxon.

Damn! We've got a few on the bird forum that take themselves way too seriously. Lighten up.....hunting is fun.

Edit: Jeff, you beat me to it by a minute! rotflmo

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2