Tools

It's Been Awhile...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted
[Ifkn7.jpg[/IMG]

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post
Mate... it's no wukin furries if we need wait a while to enjoy pics of that kind of awesomeness content. The season has begun? Very interesting to say the least my friend. That's a serious decoy transport trailer?

Posts: 193 | Location: The Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: 14 September 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post
Do you hunt all day to shoot them kinda numbers?
Are the pics all from the same spot? How many species available at that spot?

Posts: 193 | Location: The Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: 14 September 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sforbsy:
Mate... it's no wukin furries if we need wait a while to enjoy pics of that kind of awesomeness content. The season has begun? Very interesting to say the least my friend. That's a serious decoy transport trailer?

Season is almost over, mate. Opens in October and usually shuts down in January, though there are late seasons for geese normally. And yes on that trailer. The owner of the land (farmer) is a keen goose hunter, and is serious about it obviously. That's all that trailer does--hauling goose decoys to the pit blinds.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sforbsy:
Do you hunt all day to shoot them kinda numbers?
Are the pics all from the same spot? How many species available at that spot?

No on all day. It was taking between 2 and 4 hours to kill our 21 ducks, and lots of time was spent just watching, snacking, bullshitting and taking pics. It was actually kind of slow. Usually these boys get their limits inside of two hours, every time.

As far as species, there are wigeon, GWT, mallard, gadwall, ringnecks, spoonbills and geese of a few subspecies. Nearby on the rivers there are several other diving species available; bufflehead, goldeneye, bluebill, etc. A couple others I am forgetting at the mo' as well. We were concentrating on drake mallards though, as they eat best, and I had all but one of the species flying in my mount case at home already. Also, a friend in Alaska was after feathers for his fly-tying classes he offers free to kids, and was in need of some. He got what he wanted; boy did he ever. In spades. Smiler

Also available in the area are two kinds of quail, snipe, two kinds of doves and pheasant. What a blast. Best part is that it's all private land owned by friends and family of friends, so no one hunts these places but for the owners, their friends and guests.

Cheers, friend. Hope all is well down under.

One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post
Man, hands down you guys have the best Duck hunting and freshwater fishing in the world! The snow and ice make for some truly colourful & vivid pics. Love the action pics too, well done with the flying and retrieving pics.
All good at my end Buddy, the family & myself are still down in Sydney until school starts later this month. I will be chasing some native fish come the end of this week once l have completed a bathroom remodelling project for the inlaws, don't ya just hate the love jobs!
Was down Melb last week hunting Deer, weather and logistics turned against us so we pulled the pin. Managed to click this little fella for ya tho.

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
A friendly pet you've trained there, I see. Looks poisonous. They taste good? Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kamo, shooting Geese and Ducks with a 28ga? That's a challenge!

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
great pics!

much appreciated!

fat chicks inc.

Posts: 475 | Location: Belgien | Registered: 01 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Awesome KG, simply awesome. Thanks for sharing. Take care up there.

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post
Good lord, great pics, thats some serious fish finding. Amazing how we have almost all the same species in our southern warmer waters. landing one of those striper fish would give me a boner! They gotta be the pinnacle for many anglers?
Consider me there friend, just a matter of months, we shall remedy plans with a call from me to you soon. The lizard is non poisonous, it hisses, flares and uses it's mean looking tongue to deter ....kinda like some nasty Aussie chicks here in Darwin.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great pictures. Love the 28.

Posts: 1292 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sforbsy,

How much did those large tuna sell for?

One of Us
Picture of Evan K.
posted Hide Post
Kamo Gari- thanks for sharing the pics... all of them!!! I love it all.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Posts: 776 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 05 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Kind thanks, all. We try to have fun. Wink

SF, I look forward to it, my friend.

The birds gave us quite a show. Good enough some days that none of our group even went for a gun when they started piling into the decoys like this; it'd have been a sin to ruin such a moment.

Cheers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et84RqRj_KA

One of Us
Picture of Reiter
posted Hide Post
These are really impressive pictures of a spetacular hunt.

Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 130 | Location: South America | Registered: 26 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
YOU HAVE MORE DUCKS THAN WE HAVE HERE AND I THOUGHT WE LIVE IN A DUCKS PARADISE Eeker

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6382 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those are certainly some fantastic pics. Thanks for sharing!

May I inquire about your 28ga? After shoulder injury and surgery, I recently bought a Cynergy Sporting 28ga and absolutely love it. I was contemplating a Benelli. How does the Beretta stack up? What features were deciding factors for your purchase?

Thank You
Andy

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Not my gun, and I'm afraid I didn't shoot it enough to be able to assist with any meaningful input. As a matter of fact, I only shot it a handful of times. 7/8 oz of Tungsten Matrix will cleanly kill a mallard stone dead, assuming the shooter puts pellets where they need to be, I can attest. I also noted it shouldered, pointed and swung like a dream, with about zero noticeable recoil. Sorry I can't be of more help.

JP and all, thanks for the words, and to be sure my buddies put me on some incredible hunting. That said, it's no Argentina, from what I gather... Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great photos. I have been wondering where you have been , as I haven't seen you on here in a long time. Glad your back. Where were you hunting ?
Eiders seem scares in the harbor this season.

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Thanks, brothah and fellow Masshole.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I still remember a bird hunt you made in a big New England Blizzard in Boston Bay with you covered in ice and snow . I guess it took all this time for you to thaw out !! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yessir, hell of a hunt y'all had. I just rolled in from Port O'connor about 0100 today.....I reckon you're highly familiar with that area. Banded sprig was the highlight.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Gotta' love them redheads down there, eh old boy? Wink

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Looking at stuff like that can make a man get all unnecessary!!

You are truly a blessed sportsman!!

Thanks for sharing.
K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Those are some great photos.

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing that fun. Although I am just a wee bit envious too lol. Our duck hunting remains good here - but our goose isn't near what it used to be.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Humble thanks for the kind words, gents. Hey FB, I tried twice via email regarding inquiries for bird hunting offers. Never heard a peep back. No fault of your own I'm guessing, but not good for business, wot?

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
Great dog pictures and just love the lab on the ice!
Charlie

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2327 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote