Find
Notify
Tools

2014 Dove season results
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted
Opening morning was one of the better hunts I have ever been involved with in the US. 6 of us limited out in under an hour and I shot my limit of 15 with 30 shells.

How did everone else do?

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Great my friend congratulations .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6382 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PWN375:
Opening morning was one of the better hunts I have ever been involved with in the US. 6 of us limited out in under an hour and I shot my limit of 15 with 30 shells.

How did everone else do?

Perry

Perry,

Last night, I too had my best dove hunt here in Idaho. I took 14 with 24 shells. Only missed one side to side shot but missed all of the straight over the head shots. Need to work on that.

One of my dogs had a breakthrough day. She all of a sudden started retrieving to hand. In the past she would go to a bird but not pick it up. To say I was chuffed would be an understatement.
I really need to get down to see Juan for some dove and perdiz shooting, maybe this spring.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
We have clouds of doves ,many picazurro pidgeons ,and patagonic pidgeons ,besides parakeets .U sually i begin training shooters on decyed pigeons and parakeets and then move to fast flying doves at diferent spots finishig the safari with pidgeons in the woods and high altitude doves very fast ,to make hundred percent average is rare even for experienced shooters that hunt doves year round .
We have a competitionin Arroyito town where you must shoot 50 shells in an hour or two and kill the doves inside 100mts ,if the dove fly to a branch and then dye isnt a valid point .Several shooters kill 49 or 50 in this tournament .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6382 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Joe R. Lock
posted Hide Post
Our season here in Florida opens on Sept. 27th. Will let you know how opening day goes.
joe

Posts: 236 | Location: Florida | Registered: 08 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
We have clouds of doves ,many picazurro pidgeons ,and patagonic pidgeons ,besides parakeets .U sually i begin training shooters on decyed pigeons and parakeets and then move to fast flying doves at diferent spots finishig the safari with pidgeons in the woods and high altitude doves very fast ,to make hundred percent average is rare even for experienced shooters that hunt doves year round .
We have a competitionin Arroyito town where you must shoot 50 shells in an hour or two and kill the doves inside 100mts ,if the dove fly to a branch and then dye isnt a valid point .Several shooters kill 49 or 50 in this tournament .

Juan,

I may have to reconsider coming down to see you. I'm afraid with such good shooting, I would be embarased!

456H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
After two days here you will easily win me ,but we will compete for a bottle of beer champagne or wine ....you decide Wink

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
I had a great opener one hour south of the border. [URL= ] [/URL]

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Sam, were you shooting my fields again? I can't leave you alone for a moment.

Posts: 16 | Location: Bonita, California | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sam,

I would sure hate to have to clean all of those birds!

46H&H

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Sam this is a good hunt .What shotgun are you using .Great boy and dog .

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Harry,
The last time I shot your field I only shot 6 birds and 5 of them were black birds. dancing

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
Sam this is a good hunt .What shotgun are you using .Great boy and dog .

Thanks. That is my guides son and I am using a browning BSS 20ga and my other gun on license is a O/U 28 ga.

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
6-8 birds - 3 recovered. 77 rounds.

I suck. I could not shoot 15 birds in agrentina.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Mike came to shoot 4 days here ill shoot with you ,guranteed that you will finish killing over 50 percent ,i begin teaching with pidgeons -decoyed-then parakeets and doves ,and finnally we will move to fast doves high crossing shots.
Itaugth to many many hunters and never fail .Hope to see you here .

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
posted Hide Post
Good hunt this past weekend in West Central Texas (NW of Abilene).

What a mixed bag! Until about 10-15 years ago we had never seen a Whitewing in this area, now they're about as common as Mourning Doves.

Then the Eurasian Collared Doves showed up, with numbers seemingly increasing every year. And the Collared Doves don't count against your limit of 15.

In our afternoon take for four hunters we had 71 birds, but 15 of them were Collareds, so we were actually four birds short of our legal combined limit of 60. Of the other birds, they were about equally split between Mournings and Whitewings.

Three of us were shooting 28's, and the fourth was shooting a 20, all O/U. The light recoil and mild report of the small gauges certainly leaves you less fatigued after an active day of dove shooting.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote