New
Find
Notify
Tools

here's a new one on me
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
was talking to a guy who just came back from south dakota the other day. He had a group of pheasants running ahead of him keeping out of gun range. He had a varmit call in his pocket and for some reason or another took it out and blew it a few times. He said the pheasants stopped running and hunkered down for cover, and they stayed that way long enough for him to get a shot or two off. Never heard of this before - anybody??

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a new one. Try this, when approaching a dog on point, sail a hat over the birds. They will hold better. Must look like a bird of prey to them.

Posts: 526 | Location: Antelope, Oregon | Registered: 06 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have done that for years red tail hawk call works best.w/regards

Posts: 610 | Location: MT | Registered: 01 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hawk call will freeze Chuker in their tracks. Though not too long if the dog is close. But long enough Big Grin

DRSS member

Constant change is here to stay.

Posts: 626 | Location: The soggy side of Washington State | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Someone posted a trick about a ballon filled with hellium on a kite string will make chukar hold........?

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GSP7:
Someone posted a trick about a ballon filled with hellium on a kite string will make chukar hold........?

I think your friends would look at you kinda strange if you brought a kite a helium tank and ballons with you chukar hunting.

Mink and Wall Tents don't go together. Especially when you are sleeping in the Wall Tent.
DRSS .470 & .500

Posts: 1051 | Location: The Land of Lutefisk | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote