THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Shotgun Shooting Schools in Texas

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shotgun Shooting Schools in Texas
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Friends-

Ususally before bird season, I get my shotgunning "sea legs" by shooting a little "cow pasture" skeet and trap. This year, time got away from me and I have been dove hunting a couple of times and I felt like I couldn't hit a bull's butt with a bass fiddle.

I feel like I am completely out of rythym. Are there any shooting schools and clinics that you would recommend in the Central and South Texas area that could help me knock the rust off.

My e-mail address is: pmstark@gvtc.com

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Though he'd be pricey. I've heard great things about Peter Blakely who used to be the chief instrutor at the Dallas Gun Club. He's no longer with them, but is in the Dallas area. His book, "Successful Shotgunning" is quite good.

Posts: 364 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: 30 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
San Antonio is the go-to place for instruction in that area. Try the NSSA National Gun Club at 210-688-3371. Its just north of town.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tiggertate-

Thanks for the lead. I did call the NSSA National Gun Club and got hooked up with a guy that hopefully should fix some of my problems.

Thanks again.

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Your very welcome. Let us know how it went!

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote