THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    How is the pheasant hunting in North and South Dakota this year

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How is the pheasant hunting in North and South Dakota this year
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was wondering if the bad winter has seriously hurt the bird hunting this year in those states ?

Posts: 1544 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
I'll be in Williston in a week. Let you know after.

Actually, my friend there thinks theres plenty of pheasants locally. A group that hunted north of Williston opening weekend claimed more than 100 birds taken. Assuming hunting stories may be,.........well,........amplified, even half that is quite good.

I hear the fall snow storm that rolled thru South Dakota devastated the pheasants as well as the livestock as reported in the news.

Babe and I hope to pursue pheasants, puddle ducks, snow and canada geese.

Posts: 9475 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I live near Aberdeen. Pheasants are tough this year, with a few pockets not so bad.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
pheasants around botineau, minot, upham, kramer are veryyyyy slow, only saw 6 in 2 weeks I spent hunting up there, granted we were chasing ducks, but every year we usually see a lot more on the roads etc.

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A buddy got back a while ago from North Dakota ... while population was down 25% he felt from the previous year - shot his share !!

Posts: 1544 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
I just returned from 10 days hunting in SD. I found lots of pheasants with no problems. Had to work for them with my dog pack. We don't push and block.

GOA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member
Life Member Dallas Safari Club
Westley Richards 450 NE 3 1/4"

Posts: 865 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bravo !

one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunted for 5 days around Winner and no doubt numbers are down from last year but still had a great hunt. But, to be fair there were a LOT more crops still in the field this year so late season might be better than early.

Posts: 317 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great hunt around Chamberlain, SD. Wind blew hard 2 of 3 days. Made for some "sporting" shots. Love the hunt and now it is time to eat!

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote