THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Re: John Kerry- Hunter,Gun Owner, Sportsman

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: John Kerry- Hunter,Gun Owner, Sportsman
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I liked the part where he told an interviewer that he never shot a "monster" buck but had shot an "8 pointer". Gee! I'm 74 and never laid eyes on an "8 pointer" in NY. I guess they grow 'em bigger in Massachusetts!

Posts: 649 | Location: NY | Registered: 15 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I still get a kick out of people thinking that W is going to bankrupt them... he's the one saying he's NOT going to raise taxes.

you think you can't afford to hunt now.... wait until they double the exise taxes on ammo and crank the tax brackets from 50K on up... because as we all know... people who make $50,000 really make over 200K.... riiiiiiiight.

go bush
long live the NRA
take an economics class.

Posts: 322 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well . . . it is an undisputed fact that Kerry killed a Viet Cong with an M16, but I don't know that that necessarily makes him much of a hunter. I suspect that it is true that he does own guns, and probably hasn't forgotten how to use them.

Meanwhile, W. Bush's greatest public hunting exhibition was the episode captured by TV news cameras at a staged event when he was running for governor. He shot a killdeer that he had mistaken for a dove. The difference in then and now is that he admitted the mistake at the time, while now he would swear that the killdeer "could have been a dove" and that his advisors "warned him not to pass the shot" in case the bird actually had been a dove, and that even though it turned out to be a killdeer, "we're still safer with it gone". Besides, "killdeer have known connections with doves" and they clearly are found "flying in the same circles".

Stagings of "common man" activities by politicians of any stripe don't impress me much.

In the meantime, I'll vote for Kerry. If Bush stays in office, I can't afford to go hunting and I'll have to sell all of my guns just to eat and buy medicine. Besides, a president that supports the "Patriot Act" can hardly be expected to uphold any Constitutional rights beyond their political usefulness to him.

You're welcome to disagree with me, and I'm sure many will do so. But here's what gun enthusiasts face: Democrats will, sooner or later, regain the Presidency and control of Congress. We need to cultivate supporters of Constitutional rights among both parties (John Dingell is an excellent example of a strong Democrat who helps steer his party in the right direction). We'll only hold onto our guns if we support ALL of the Constitutional rights; far too many Republicans, including this president, regard civil liberties as disposable. Tie your wagon to that horse and you'll eventually find yourself in the ditch.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The above post was written by a resident of one of the most gun-friendly states in the union. Come out here and reside in PRK and THEN tell the democRATS are in favor of your gun rights. They've just now banned bolt action rifles effective first of the year. You may say "who needs a 50BMG anyway" but it will be your favorite big bore next. Can't buy an AR for highpower competition cause it "looks" mean. Support the NRA..vote your sport..share your sport-take a kid shooting.
Thank God for Geo. W.

Posts: 9 | Location: PRK | Registered: 18 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
XLIV - I too am amazed at those on this forum who would vote for a man who is in "lock step" with Schumner, Kennedy, Finstein, and Sarah Brady. I can still remember how shocked we were when Australia dismantled most of their guns, along with Canada's confisation/registration attempts, as well as England's gun bans. Can't happen here, look at the constant attempts by our "elected" politicians to register guns, ammo, and purchases on a permanent bases. Look at the so called laws that occured during the Clinton administation that was never voted on in congress, but decided by some "leftist" judge who thought the constitution was "outdated". How do you think the 2nd ammendmant will be interperated as to the "militia" or an "individual" right? I thought the Democratic party finally got the message when Gore was defeated, "Lay off our guns". And, I thought they would offer a viable alternative for our system as many states have; but no, they had to present the most anti-gun of the bunch tell us he is a hunter. Ask a Candian if he can own a pistol for "self defense". Our friends from the "north" can only own guns for hunting; thus, no pistols and you better not be caught in the woods with a .22 for you will be prosecuted as a "poacher". I have lived "abroad" and would like to have "friendly" neighbors everywhere, but not at the expense of our national security or the degradation of our troops (as occured in Vietnam). We lost that war at home, not on the battlefield and the same, but older, crew is at it again undermining our war against a foe who knows and hates our country. If they elect their candidate, I would not want to live in N.Y.C. or L.A. I've looked at all the other opinions that keep croping up on this forum and am surprised at the "tenor" of the discussion, but I respect others views and have fought to preserve the right to disent (service). I am for Bush because I believe he is the only choice whether it be our country's security, constitution, right to self defense, or sport. Riley

Posts: 32 | Location: MO | Registered: 15 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

According to Peter Jennings...

In other words, "What you are about to hear is another damned lie, told to mislead you into supporting Kerry. We are not independent journalists here; we are the media part of the Kerry campaign."

Posts: 5883 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

If Bush stays in office, I can't afford to go hunting and I'll have to sell all of my guns just to eat and buy medicine.

You pathetic piece of shit! What difference does it make who is in office as to whether you hunt or sell your guns to buy medicine. Are you on welfare? Get the hell out of Texas and go back to where you came from you frikkin Texan impersonator.

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tarbe
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Quote:

If Bush stays in office, I can't afford to go hunting and I'll have to sell all of my guns just to eat and buy medicine.

You pathetic piece of shit! What difference does it make who is in office as to whether you hunt or sell your guns to buy medicine. Are you on welfare? Get the hell out of Texas and go back to where you came from you frikkin Texan impersonator.

Oh, come on now! You know how close Georgetown is to Austin...

Tim

Posts: 1533 | Location: Romance, Missouri | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You don't sound like a Texan I would care to swim the river with (from an expression I heard from my mother)(I'm 74) (Before I get any smart ass remarks because of where I live today- Some of my mother's people were from Texas and back in the days when Comanches were still disputing the country)Where? Munday,Texas. I don't like oil magnates any better than you do but you ought to support your own state (and it's former governor and now, again, our President)against types who are determined to make the whole country into an image of Hollywood and New York City)

Posts: 649 | Location: NY | Registered: 15 January 2004Reply With Quote