New
Find
Notify
Tools

Central TX Dove Hunting
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For anyone looking for a dove hunt in the Texas Central Zone. Located in Brownwood, TX.
We provide lodging and meals and are in the center of the the migratory flyway for the central zone. We also by the beer but we can do family oriented hunts as well. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ryan,

What is the bag limit for Dove in Texas? I herd it was only about 15 or 20 birds. If it is more than that, I may be interested.

Posts: 108 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are correct. It's usually 12 to 15 birds.
The problem is that Texas Parks and Wildlife has no idea what they are doing with reguard to doves. Hunter could not, if they tried, affect the dove population by hunting and shooting. The fact is that most hunters only average a few birds each hunt because of their shooting skills, so why have a limit of 12? Hunters can go to Mexico and kill all they want and never begin to touch the population adversely.
But, we still have a good time, kill some birds and the occasional fox or bobcat and eat some bbq.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I almost forgot. I do give discounts for law enforcement, military, firefighters, correctional officers and groups of women.
http://www.hossfly.com