New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sabot residue removal
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anybody have a favorite solvent to remove the plastic residue left from sabot's?. I probably should post this in the gun cleaning area but I thought someone here would have first hand knowleges. DW

Posts: 1016 | Location: Happy Valley, Utah | Registered: 13 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any shotgun solvent will work fine. I like this one shotgun blend

Posts: 448 | Registered: 27 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That, and cleaning the breach plug, are the only things that I have ever found Hoppe's good for. It sucks as a regular gun cleaner, but is excellent for this.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
I usually use Hoppes on a brush to remove it, but many solvents will work. If you want an easy way, buy a can of PB Blaster, remove the breech plug, and hose the barrel with it. PB will melt the plastic away, many shotgun shooters use it.

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A bronze brush in anything will get the plastic.

Posts: 289 | Location: Western UP of Michigan  | Registered: 05 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reloader, excuse my ignorance but what is PB? It sounds exactly like what I am looking for. A lot of disolving power and a little elbow grease.
Thanks To Everyone,
DW

Posts: 1016 | Location: Happy Valley, Utah | Registered: 13 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
PB Blaster is a penetrating oil sold in auto parts stores.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote