Find
Notify
Tools

Bullet Question
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Tanoose
posted
I hope to get the same accuracy in my .54 cal. that i get in my other rifles with Hornady Great PLains Bullets. I have never taken game with these but i have decided to use them for deer and bear in NY and was wondering how they worked on deer and black bears, does anyone have any hunting experience with them.Also i see that T/C has a maxi-hunter that they reccomend for expansion on deer size game and the maxi-ball they recommend for penetration on larger game such as elk and moose Whats the difference between these bullets ? Is the maxi-ball a harder lead bullet then the maxi-hunter or is it just the shape up the bullet that makes it a better choice for larger game. Thanks Tanoose

Posts: 869 | Location: Bellerose,NY USA | Registered: 27 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
you will have a limited number of choices that your gun will alow with certain things. some loaders seek power, some seek velocity, some seek accuracy etc.. some are limited to some components becouse of price or availability.. i look for accuracy and shoot a gun adequate for that game im after.. in this sence you must let the gun tell you what to use if you want the best success.. i never decide what bullet to use or finish sighting in until ive shot a gun at least for several monthes hard work.. the longer you work on a load or guns abilities the better it will shoot.. a good way to screw things up is to figure out the load before you go to the range, and start filing on the sights first day out.. my opinion only.. dave..

hunter, blackpowder shooter, photographer, gemology, trap shooter,duck hunter,elk, deer, etc..

Posts: 249 | Location: central montana | Registered: 17 June 2004Reply With Quote