Notify
Tools

Re: Postal match anyone?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jim White
posted
Mark,
I am assuming that this competition is to be fired from the offhand and not from a bench?
Jim

Posts: 730 | Location: Prescott, AZ | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark,

Thanks. There's a big club of muzzleloaders at the club I shoot at, and they're pretty serious and pretty good. They shoot offhand at 50 yds a lot, and seem to have a number of matches at that distance. Most of them can use round patched balls and regularly do 2 or 3" groups or better offhand at 50 yds. Something for me to strive for.

Practicing to shoot this match, I found I was shooting better right-handed. I was steadier. Not sure if it's eye focus/vision related with the iron sights or strength/steadiness shooting from an unsupported position. Something to think about though.

Did I mention how motivated I was by this match?

Steve

Posts: 1725 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Steve,

Harder than it looks, isn't it!

But don't feel too bad, you are in first place!

Mark

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark,

You have an e-mail with my (poorly-shot) target. Thanks for running this.

Steve

Posts: 1725 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark,

I'm planning on participating....how long will we have to get the target back to you? 75 yards sounds good, 50 sounds even better. But hay how about we do some competitions at 25, 50, 75, and so on?

gunner

Posts: 87 | Location: eastern Nebraska | Registered: 16 February 2004Reply With Quote