New
Find
Notify
Tools

AZ ELK
 Login/Join

Picture of Mark T.
posted
I drew a Muzzle Loader cow elk tag for Unit 3B (late hunt, end of Dec)just wondered if anyone on here has hunted this Unit and had any advice. Thanks

Always learning.

Posts: 14 | Location: S.E Az | Registered: 10 June 2014Reply With Quote
Picture of Mark T.
posted Hide Post
I guess no one has! lol Wink Well I am planning a scouting trip there over the 4th, hopefully I will find some.

Always learning.

Posts: 14 | Location: S.E Az | Registered: 10 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted unit 1 sept archery last year and killed a 335 Bull. Best hunt in the states I ever had. Was in cows and bulls up to my eyeballs. If I was more experienced I could have killed a bigger elk perhaps. Funny thing is I drew the same tag this year. The 3's have lots of elk but they will be in a different ie lower location in the late hunt. With a muzzle loader you will be able to get a shot off. The herd will be dispersed by then but the cows will be much calmer

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2847 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
3B Late is a great hunt. When it gets below zero the elk will move onto the flats and keep feeding for a couple of hours after sunrise. Check the AZGF site for suggested places to hunt--they're telling the truth! Be ready to shoot out to 100 yd. Try tracking if the snow is fresh. Good luck!