New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: T/C ENCORE LOADS
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
If necessary, swab after every shot. Carry a patch in your shirt pocket while hunting & use spit to swab if you need a 2nd shot to harvest that wounded deer. Swab as necessary... you don't need a specific amount of fired bullets to do it.

I like to swab after every 2nd shot -- otherwise my 777 powder gets the bore-bottom full of crusty fouling hard to remove all at once. Also... how many different primers do you have access to? Most on these ML boards use the Winchester. They have middle-class fire. The Federals are the hottest & the regular CCIs are the coolest found in retail neighborhood stores. Hot ones creates more crud & faster. The benefit to hotter ones is sure-fire when the powder gets a little damp.

Posts: 138 | Location: Not Tellin' Michigan USA | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i had the same problem, so i tried powerbelts i can now shoot five shots before i have to swab. my encore loves 348 hp powerbelts over 100gr of pyrdex. true 1.75 at 100 yrds

Posts: 90 | Location: Okemos Mi. | Registered: 24 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Put part of you're answer is on the Subject you started 777 The more pellets or powder,the more fouling you will have. Keep it patched with Butter Bore, either from the tube and a patch or they have patches already with the butter bore on them. You should have a book of instructions on cleaning and loading info, if not T/C will send you one.