Find
Notify
Tools

Encore Muzzle loader
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SwiftShot
posted
I wanted to hunt Idaho next year with it but the 209 primer makes it illegal. Does anyone make a replacement plug that will allow me to use something beside the 209 primer. Rules actually state no 209 primers. Help.

Posts: 433 | Location: Washington state USA  | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go too www.prbullet.com They ahve what you need !

Posts: 497 | Location: PA | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RandyWakeman
posted Hide Post
When the regs call for percussion cap only ignition and / or an "exposed to the air" ignition system-- you are just out of luck with an Encore.

Posts: 375 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 11 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not have any idea what the Idaho regs say, but would the primer adapter made by PR Bullet help you out at all? Give it a look at:
www.prbullet.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ooops, I see concho beat me to the punch.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I see Concho has you covered.Just remember A No.11 cap has a very hard time with pellets,shoot loose.

"Revenge is a dish best served cold." Klingon proverb

Posts: 96 | Location: central missouri | Registered: 29 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am not sure that converting to the .25ACP would be legal. It obviously is not a 209 primer anymore as it uses small rifle or small pistol primers but I would check with the local Game and Fish for specific wording. Obviously they intend for that to mean you have to use #11 cap type ignition which is not possible to convert to with the Encore.

Posts: 207 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: 31 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SwiftShot:
I wanted to hunt Idaho next year with it but the 209 primer makes it illegal. Does anyone make a replacement plug that will allow me to use something beside the 209 primer. Rules actually state no 209 primers. Help.

I think you are out of luck with the Encore.
Here is what the Idaho DNS say's. "Equipped only with a flint, percussion cap or musket cap. 209 primers are unlawful."

http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/hunt/rules/bg/tag.pdf

If you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member of the Delaware Destroyers
Member Reeders Misfits
NRA Life Member ENDOWMENT MEMBER
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote