Find
Notify
Tools

Powder on Red Tag sale at Wal Mart....
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted
Hey guys, you may want to check at the local Wal-Marts. Today I stopped by and they had Triple 7 FFG for $5 a pound, Pyrodex pellets for $5 dollars a box, and Pyro. RS for $3 a pound.

Pretty good deals.

Good Luck!

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
I bought all of the Pyrodex I could find in town when it hit $5.00 a pound and 3lbs of 777 at $9.00. Wal-Mart has some good after season sales, but my wife looks at me and says what the hell are you going to do with all that crap? I tell her Muzzle loader season is around the corner and she says yea right 8 months from now. I guess I will never figure her out. bewildered

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We only have one Walmart store in the Mesa area that carries any black powder stuff and they just raised the price of 777 to $25. I suspect they will not drop the price as they are the only act in town. I prefer Black Mag'3 anyway.

Posts: 207 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: 31 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My local store had 777 50 grain pellets (100 per box) on clearance for $20. They usually go for about $30 per box. I picked up three and the rest were gone soon after. They had quite a lot of accessories on sale too.

Posts: 164 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 04 October 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reloader:
Hey guys, you may want to check at the local Wal-Marts. Today I stopped by and they had Triple 7 FFG for $5 a pound, Pyrodex pellets for $5 dollars a box, and Pyro. RS for $3 a pound.

Pretty good deals.
Good Luck!

Reloader

Where in North La. is this Walmart??? I live in Ruston.
Thanks,
Bulldog...

Posts: 4 | Location: Da Bayou State | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Bulldog,

They have plenty at Homer. Not too far for you to travel. They had several pounds of each here in Minden but, They were down to just RS towards the end of last week.

The Pyro Pellets where the 30 grners. I picked up a box of them. I'm going to try 4 of the 30s under a 250 SST out of a Rem. 700ML. Heck of a deal on that 777 FFG and that RS. I've already got plenty of RS but I thought seriously about buying a couple of pounds of that 777.

I was just in there yesterday at 12:30 pm so, they should still have some.

Hey, I was in Alexandria a couple of weeks back and they had their MLers on sale. They had a Black Diamond for 100 bucks.

Good Luck!

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Did the Walmart in Alex. have their Omega's on sale also? That Black Diamond, was it just the gun or the kit? The Walmart here has the kit on sale for $200...
I will be heading to Homer this evening... Wink
Thanks!
Bulldog...

Posts: 4 | Location: Da Bayou State | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
It was just the gun. The blued w/ black stock version. Not the XR. Still a pretty good deal at almost 140 off the original. I bet that dude is probably gone by now.

The rest of the rifles were CVAs and Traditions.

Reloader

posted Hide Post
Big Grin
4 cans of T7 @ $5 a can,
one package of Barnes 250 gr. Expander MZ bullets @ $2
one T/C shockwave sabot & Cleaning jag @ 50 cents,
total cost=$24.30
Smile on my face....Priceless...LOL!!!
Reloader, Thanks for the heads up on Wally World in Homer.
Bulldog...

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
No Problem.

Glad you got a good deal.

God Bless,

Reloader

posted Hide Post
Another deal I got there, camo cotton gloves for .30 cents each....I bought 10 pair.
thumb
Bulldog...