New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 700 Muzzleloder questions
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
can you shoot "magnum loads" out of the Remington 700 ML I have one in 45 cal but they dont recomend any thing higher than 90grs in the manual and it dose not say Magnum on the action or barral,

But figerd it was a modern gun and should be able to handel it ????

Am i wrong in asuming this it is a staless steal gun and has one heck of a preech plug and such but has ANY one that owned or owns one shot a "Magnum" load in there higher than 100gs or close to 150grs

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Magman
You did not give a reason for heavy loads. I don't know what you expect to hunt. I have found no reason for a load heavier than a 100 grs. My all purpose load is 90 grs, with a Maxi bullet (370 grs), and every thing I have shot with this load went down at the shot. It shoots so good in my 700 ML I don't see any need for anything heavier. Good luck.

Posts: 99 | Location: Northeast Missouri | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
I HAVE A 700 ML I shoot 100grs fffg 200gr hornady xtp. with the green sabot.
good velocity and kill power out to about 200yrds.

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I made a custom mold that is .399 diamiter and has a slight bot tail and is 320gr when pourd with lyatype and want to use a little hever charge with it i was thinking of 100-115grs of FFFG Tripal 7 but did not know if it would work the bullet was maly disend for fun but want to try it out on Russhin Boars and may be Buffalow (Spelling is not my strong sute) and would like and try and get it to work with that charge range thats all I am not realy wanting a 150gr charg just some thing around 100-115gr thats all.....