Find
Notify
Tools

Lyman GPR Boar
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of x-caliber
posted
I carried my Lyman Great Plains Rifle on a hog hunt this weekend and got into a gang of hogs just before dark. I'm not sure how many hogs were in the group but there were several. I just picked the handiest one, which unfortunately for this fellow, was him. I shot him with a load consisting of 90 grains of GOEX FFG and a patched round ball. The shot was off-handed at about 50 yards. I hit him in the right shoulder and it was pretty much a bang-flop.

I can't get over how effective this gun is on game. thumb

Posts: 867 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 10 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guy, I chose an inline for my mz "doings", but I have to say: it just doesn't get any better than that! Congratulations!!!

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very Cool!!! What caliber is your GPR?

DRSS

Posts: 1154 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of x-caliber
posted Hide Post
Doubless, I like inlines too! I've owned several of them over the past several years, they were all TC's like the Thunderhawk, Black Diamond, and Omega. Right now I have a couple of 209 X 50 Encore barrels; a 26" rifle barrel and a 17" pistol barrel. However, I really like this muzzleloader too. IIRC, this is the third hog that I have taken with this gun as well as one deer. If I peel the scopes off of the Encores this gun will shoot right alongside them with patched round balls. thumb

degoins, sorry I left that out, it is a .50 caliber.

Thanks guys!

Posts: 867 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 10 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks

DRSS

Posts: 1154 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunt with a group of guys in Tenn each fall for hogs. Rules are simple: flintlocks only. Last November, we killed 12 hogs in three days.

Posts: 336 | Location: Central PA | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote