ACCURATERELOADING.COM MUZZLELOADING BIG GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Muzzleloading Big Game Hunting    Any one try Pach and Ball out of a 1-28" twist ???

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any one try Pach and Ball out of a 1-28" twist ???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
was wondering if any one out there has tryed to shoot Pach and Ball out of a faster twist rate barrle I just bought a Remington 700ML and the manual shows that they have done it but was wondering if it is worth while or not. I thought the twist rate would be to fast and the pach would tare apart....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I've tried it. Accuracy sucks, big time.

Posts: 44 | Location: Winkler, MB | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Can you say "KNUCKLEBALL" ? Most don't work well at all.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
It will work,but you need to cut the charge weight so that the ball doesnt strip the rifling.My old thunderhawk shot well with 30 grains of ffg and a tightly patched ball.You can probably use more powder,try it until accuracy goes away.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the Hornady "plastic patched" Hardball would work any better?

one of us
posted Hide Post
My rifles shoot well with a round ball and 50 gr of powder. It was for small game and target. I shot some 44 cal round balls out of sabots MANY yeas ago. I have never tried the hard ball, but the ones I did shot good. I was getting over 2000 fps. Hit a rock chuck with that and pop goes the weasel. Ron

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote