ACCURATERELOADING.COM MUZZLELOADING BIG GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Muzzleloading Big Game Hunting    Re: Won 50 cal Winnie Inline at SCI banquet..now what?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Won 50 cal Winnie Inline at SCI banquet..now what?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi Idaho:

Thank you so much for the valuable info on the bullets.

I was thinking the same thing about the weight. It reminds me years ago when I was handloading for the 44 Mag. I thought the 180 grain bullets with the wide hollowpoint was going to be the ticket. It never, never got good accuracy and failed miserably on game. Went with the 240 grain jacketed, Semi wad cutters and never looked back.

Ok I will start with the 295 grain powerbelt bullet, with the plastic tip. I was leaning to Pyrodex Pellets anyway, since they have been around a long time.

With the third pellet, I guess that's 150 grains worth of powder, using a 295 grain Bullet, what would my velocity approximately be. I have a Chrony so I will test it and see, but am just curious. I am sure the recoil factor rises also.

I read the manual, and watched the video... I took apart the bolt down to the firing pin, no big deal. I unscrewed the breech plug, with the tool and cleaned off all excess oil.

I have this small little metal tool, about 5 inches long with a U shaped on the end..??? Nothing in the instructions about it, or video, is it to remove the 209 primer? What is the solid raised U on the other end for? guess again to set the primer? Geez these are dumb questions I know, but I never fired, or seen one fired before..

One more dumb question, what other HAVE to HAVE tools or things do I need. I know I need a bullet starter, Winchester anti seize grease for the plug..??? Non petroleum lube...I know why, but who makes it?, 50 cal bore brush for cleaning..? I guess 50 cal patches to clean with... Did I miss anything?

Again Guys, thanks for all the help from this Muzzle loading rookie...

Regards... Jim P.

Posts: 1015 | Location: PA | Registered: 08 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well that straightens that out! How about the tool? derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote