New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a traditional ML KIT.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a nephew that wants a Traditional ML rifle kit to hang over the mantle. I am not sure he will ever hunt with it. It is mainly for a decoration. Perhaps a Kentucky long rifle. Any ideas for a decent one that is not a kings ransom? Thanks. D

Although cartridge selection is important there is nothing that will substitute for proper first shot placement. Good hunting, "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
You may want to keep your eyes out for an older one that has been used. I picked up a 24 year old .58 caliber Lyman for $200, that had slight discoloration and etc. and would look great over the mantle had I not spent money on getting it ready to be used for hunting or plinking. There are hawkens out there for under $100.

May want to check local pawn shops as well

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3316 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think Sportsman's guide still has some for about $200.

Muzzle Loader Kit

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Larrys. That looks like just the ticket. I have passed it along. Good hunting. D

Although cartridge selection is important there is nothing that will substitute for proper first shot placement. Good hunting, "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote