Find
Notify
Tools

Moose with black powder
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of GLRodgers
posted
This is a special permit hunt on Fort Richardson, Alaska 2007. Only a few cow moose tags are given out for this hunt. It was not a sure thing and this was the only moose I saw in 7 days of hunting. I hiked many miles looking for this moose (30 or more). The shot was 80 yards, 100gr. of FF pushing 285 gr. Great Plains bullet. TC 50cal. The freezer is full this winter.

GLRodgers

Posts: 45 | Location: Eagle River Alaska | Registered: 13 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
very nice!! congrats!!!

DRSS

Posts: 1151 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
GL: You earned your winter meat, and should be proud of your dedication and persistence. How many pounds of meat did the cow yield? Are you tanning the hide? (That's a lot of moccasins.)

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16408 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GLRodgers
posted Hide Post
Bill: We got about 300lbs. of processed meat. I gave the hide to a friend who is doing some kind of project. All the long bones were enjoyed by our four huskies. We only had to pack 300 yards this time. Last year we had to pack a 54 in. bull 1.5 miles. I am getting a little old for those long packs. It was good to have a short pack for a change.

GLRodgers

Posts: 45 | Location: Eagle River Alaska | Registered: 13 February 2007Reply With Quote