ACCURATERELOADING.COM MUZZLELOADING BIG GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Muzzleloading Big Game Hunting    ANYONE ELSE USE ACCUSHOT PRIMER ADAPTERS?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ANYONE ELSE USE ACCUSHOT PRIMER ADAPTERS?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I put these small rifle primeer adapters on all my muzzle loaders including my inlines and two double rifles.I could only get the double rifles a Kodiak and a cva express rifle to fire 100% with these.I shot alot better groups.I wish they had not gone out of business.It turned hammer guns into firing as fast as a 30-30 leveraction as far as shooting wise.I have used them in the rain for days.Its a shame they went out of business.The only gun I didnt put them on was my Ruger old army 45.I have shot some excelent groups with these prinmer adapters.I just wondered if any one else used them.

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the Mag Spark adapter from Warren Custom Outdoors. It screws in to replace the nipple on a side lock, and uses a 209 primer. I have them installed on my Pedersoli Kokiak and a T/C Hawken. They make a sidelock as reliable aa an inline, and are weatherproof. I live in Southeast Georgia and hunt in damp wet conditions, and have never had a misfire with them.

Posts: 551 | Location: Woodbine, Ga | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The inlines I have the small rifle primers better than the 209 primers.I had alot of trouble with 209 primers and even converted my inlines to these adapters.I think they quit making them 10 years ago or so .I bought up about 25 of them at a black powder shop in Ohio.

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
dgr, they've still got em at EABCO. If you like em, stock on up. I tested a good bit with a friends Encore and my new TC Pro Hunter, and the 209's worked just as well.
In both of these the load was 3 @ 50gr. pellets and the Hornady lock-n-load Sabots, which seat very tightly in the barrel, so the 209 may not upset that like whatever load you are using.

It is my understanding that the 209's are so strong that they tend to disturb a load, especially with loose powder, if there is not a real tight fit with the Sabot/Bullet, so your mileage may vary!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote