ACCURATERELOADING.COM MUZZLELOADING BIG GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Muzzleloading Big Game Hunting    Looking to hear about your accurate load

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking to hear about your accurate load
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted
Would like to hear about accurate hunting loads from you front loader guys.
Post pictures if you want.
Thanks

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Dave, my Encore likes 260 grain Dead Centers over 130 grains of pelletized triple seven (2 50-grainers and a 30-grainer). Way back when I first found that load I churned out a couple 1.5" three-shot groups and called it good. Now I just send a couple rounds downrange to make sure all is well and go hunting.

Do you have a bullet and/or powder picked out that you want to try? I really like the Barnes muzzleloader bullets, but haven't found a load that shoots worth a darn in my Encore. I haven't tried any of the newer powders though, like Black Mag or this Buckhorn I read about.

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have three TC Renegades with Green Mountain barrels. One is a 50 that shoots 410 gr Hornady great plains bullets.

This gun will produce Sub 2†groups any day of the week for about any shooter. I hated it when they said they were ending the 410.

The next gun is another 50 TC GM. It also has a Lyman 57 peep and a lyman 17 Aml globe front.

I make the bullets for this rifle. They are 500 S&W bullets out of a LEE mould. They cast at 456 grains. Then I paper patch them for accuracy.

The last gun is also a TC Renegade. It has a 32†long .458 barrel with a 1-18 twist.
It has a Lyman peep and a Lee Shavers globe front sight with a level.
I shoot mostly a Paper patched Lee 459-405-HB
They weigh 386 grains and I paper patch these as well.

All of these guns are sub 2†guns at 100 yards.

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lyman 451 Whitworth bullet, unsized, lubed with my own version of Emmert lube, loaded over 80 grains of T7 2F and touched off with a CCI #11 out of a White Super 91. Three at a hundred you can cover with a quarter... I have no idea how to post pictures, but if I repeat that I will try to figure out how to put the pic up.

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted Hide Post
T/C omega, she likes 120gr loose T7 and a 250gr shockwave bullet. i can get 2" groups at 150 yards. also shoots well with 90, 100, and 110 gr of T7.

Posts: 779 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

WHUT?

Posts: 371 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted Hide Post
Here is a favorite load from my Remington 700 50 cal.

Big Grin Al

Garden View Apiaries where the view is as sweet as the honey.

Posts: 505 | Location: Michigan, U.S.A. | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
I've had the best accuracy in my Knight and Savage ML10II with the HDY 250 SST. The 250 SW from TC is the same bullet but the sabot is diff and doesn't shoot as accurately for me. The HDY has MMP HPH12 sabots and they provide better accuracy than the TC sabots in my rigs.

I'm using smokeless in the Savage and 2 T7 pellets in the knight. Both will shoot 1-1.5 MOA and give devastating wounds on large 200lb whitetail.

I rescently tried the Barnes TMZ 250s and couldn't get any accuracy. I also just purhased some of the 300 grn bonded TC SWs and intend to give them some range time soon.

If you want a flat shooting, accurate, and expansive sabot, try the 250 SSTs.

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
In my Savage 10MLII, I use 60grs N120 powder and a variety of 300gr bullets to get some excellent accuracy and buck stopping results. The 300gr XTP with short black MMP sabot is a proven performer in these rifles, as is the 300gr Barnes Original with orange MMP sabot. Last year I shot three deer with the 300gr SST loaded into a HPH24 sabot, pushed by 60grs N120. The .458" Hornady 300gr HP has also accounted for several deer and many sub MOA 100yd groups.
In the Encore, I've been using two T7mag pellets with those same bullets and had very nice results. But last week I finally bought some of the new BlackHorn 209 powder. I have went through an entire can of it and am now totally convinced it is the one to use in the Encore. No more messy cleanups, patching between shots and stinking smoke.

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

WHUT?

Posts: 371 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote