Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Ultra Light Arms Muzzleloaders????
 Login/Join

posted
Anyone have any input or information on these muzzleloaders. thinking of ordering one and was wondering if any of you guys have pros or cons on a NULA muzzleloader. Accurate? What type of loads are you using?

thanks, Jason

Bowhunting is life the rest is just small stuff.

Posts: 11 | Location: West MI | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Jason,

I shoot an ULA M90 .50 ML rifle (this is the plunger action model no longer made). It is very accurate.

The M209 NULA rifle is a great rifle too, and you can see some favorite loads at Modern Muzzleloading in the Smokeless Forum.

jim

if you're too busy to hunt,you're too busy.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Are the Ultra Light rifles approved for smokeless loads or is it just that some do it without the approval? I know some do it with White T-Bolts but it is also not recommended by White.

Posts: 207 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: 31 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
ULA/NULA muzzleloaders are characterized by what I have described as "deligtfully nonspecific" load description. My original M90 came with no written documentation, so I just started it with 70 grains of Pyrodex and went on from there. Nowadays I shoot it with 100 gr of loose H777 FFFg.

I don't know what comes with a NULA M209 in the way of load recommendations, but I would like to hear. One of those guys at Modern Muzzleloaders can answer. I have just assumed it is intended for smokeless.

jim

if you're too busy to hunt,you're too busy.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The new ones are smokeless rated.

Chuck's is a tack-driver. Guess the one JJ got is too given that shot Grouse made with the rifle. (these guys are at Modern Muzzleloader forums for the most part).

Sorry RW, wouldn't want you to think I'm nUtZ. killpc

WHUT?

Posts: 371 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote