New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who makes a"Big boar muzzle loader?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
More for fun than anything, I am looking for a Big boar muzzle loader larger than .54 . Also What are the prices on one. I am sure they cant be cheap. I would like to find one for under a grand. Thanks fellas- 223

Posts: 412 | Location: Iowa, for now | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post

Cabelas carries the Pedersoli double in .72 cal. Not sure if that is big enough for you. There are those making larger customs.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MoreBS
posted Hide Post
http://www.pacificrifle.com

.62 and .73 cal hunting weapons!

Foxridgeoutfitters, the TC Custom Shop also sells a 58 Hawken.

You can special order a .62 from Underhammers.com

Get Close and Wack'em Hard

one of us
posted Hide Post
the pacificrifle company makes great under hammer gun in 62 72 ans 8 bore and soon 4 bore.

james a gefroh makes great english and german jager style rifles hes from colorodo.

pm john the greek about his guns........iv owened to of his guns but i prefer my double nitros and big bolt guns i only use bp now for deer and hogs.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tell me about the pacific rifle. I went to the site and they seem to have a good product. Is the trigger pull adjustable or at least reasonalbe? Is the accuracy as good as they claim? What kind of price would a fellow be looking at? I'd love to have a muzzleloader.

the chef

one of us
posted Hide Post
i have shot 2 of them the 62 and the 8 bore accuracy is all one could ask for from this type of a firarm clover leaves at 50-60 yards with hunting charges.

price is i think 1500+ but i could be wrong if i was going to get one i would at least go 72 as a inline 50 shoots a 300 grain projectile at the same or above velositys as the 62.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
THe 8 bore is up to about 2500 now, the trigger isn't adjustable, not really needed.

October Country/County has or had some large bores also, at one time they did offer a double 8 and 4 bore

Stay Alert,Stay Alive
Niet geschoten is altijd mis

Hate of America is the defeat position of failed individuals and the failing state

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MoreBS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave James:
THe 8 bore is up to about 2500 now, the trigger isn't adjustable, not really needed.

October Country/County has or had some large bores also, at one time they did offer a double 8 and 4 bore

I just read that the new owners at October Country will be selling big bores again!

Get Close and Wack'em Hard

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
223: That Kodiak .72 double is a darned hoot. Shoot the .715 round ball and 100-120 grains FFg just for kidding, and shoot the NEI No. 399 835-grain conical over 120 or more for serious business.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16625 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gents,
THX for the replies. The kodiak >72 is within my price range and I would love to have one.

Bill,
I assume you own one. Can you tell me a little more about it. Recoil? Accurate? Vel/FtLbs?
thanks again.-223 beer

Posts: 412 | Location: Iowa, for now | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here are a couple photos of my new Gefroh 8-bore. If you are looking for something "period correct" I'm not sure this is the rifle for you but personally I LOVE IT! I think it is just what a traditional 18th century maker would have built if he'd had access to modern parts. I love the German Recknagel sights...only fitting on a rifle of german design influence. Big Grin Jim is a bit pricier than the Pacific rifles but worth it I think.

Best,

John

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Allan Vaisham at Green River Rifle Works in South Australia will build you pretty well anything you want. He built me my old 4-bore, and it was a work of art!
There was even talk of a 2-bore at one stage, I dont know if he has built it yet.

Cheers, Dave.

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote