New
Find
Notify
Tools

To all the working stiffs, like me Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted
Enjoy a well deserved Labor Day weekend.

Mike Mitchell, I hope you got to pop a few caps this morning and knocked down a couple doves!

I'm outa here...

Posts: 2928 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2

Very interesting choice there Ty, of music video.

Normally Rap isn't something I could like. But you found one that's cool, IMO.

Look out Oliver Anthony will transition to Rap!!! Big Grin Wink

Should be a great weekend here. I plan to stay close to home, start preparing for food plots, bush hogging, clearing trails, repairing deer stands, stuff like that.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19674 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
As a kid, rock and roll was the rap of our generation

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Labor day weekend is a hunting weekend. To heck with "Labor".

Ain't nobody more blue collar than me, I pound nails, drive truck, scrub toilets and bait hooks. A holiday means a day I ain't getting paid. If it's a hunting holiday like this weekend I guess that's ok, if it's a religious/ family holiday it's certainly good. Other than that I think I'll clock in. tu2

Posts: 9091 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting thoughts going through my head. I definitely identify with the working class, but Im self employed and employ others. SO Its the honest truth when I say I do not know what a public holiday is. This year in particular as a while back, one of our ( Now Ex) staff decided to whack another staff member over the head with a bottle.
The end result being we are short a staff member at a time of year when anyone in our trade who is employable is employed. Which means My brother and I have just done a 6 week straight stint as we cover the remaining staffs time off as our roster has gone out the window.
Ive actually just done a double up to get tomorrows work done today so that I can have a day off before a particularly big week next week.

So yep, I understand the highs and lows of the employee and in my situation try and look after staff as well as I can. But its not always roses being a small business owner either. Which is the category most self employed fall into.

Posts: 4239 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I’m retired. I’ll be spending Labor Day above 35,000’. Flying out of DFW on Sunday bound for Windhoek via Doha…..

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13144 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shankspony:
Interesting thoughts going through my head. I definitely identify with the working class, but Im self employed and employ others. SO Its the honest truth when I say I do not know what a public holiday is. This year in particular as a while back, one of our ( Now Ex) staff decided to whack another staff member over the head with a bottle.
The end result being we are short a staff member at a time of year when anyone in our trade who is employable is employed. Which means My brother and I have just done a 6 week straight stint as we cover the remaining staffs time off as our roster has gone out the window.
Ive actually just done a double up to get tomorrows work done today so that I can have a day off before a particularly big week next week.

So yep, I understand the highs and lows of the employee and in my situation try and look after staff as well as I can. But its not always roses being a small business owner either. Which is the category most self employed fall into.

I resemble that!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36553 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote