THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    Another SCOTUS scandal involving one of the Lefty judges

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another SCOTUS scandal involving one of the Lefty judges Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted
Huh.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2...wing-attacks-n740977

Never heard of this being done before. Scandal!

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SOP for anyone in a power position.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Sounds like we all agree then that a standard of conduct would be appropriate for SC justices. Is this really a right/left thing? Then why would the GOP make it out to be partisan?

Mike

Posts: 21222 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
All lawyers are already held to a standard of conduct. What do you propose?

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Public disclosure requirements for any gift, gratuity, entertainment or meal expense, in excess of $1000 for any single item or cumulatively more than $5000 in any 12 month period would be a good start.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:

Supreme Court Justices are exempt from Bar rules of ethics.

The Federal Judicial ethics rules also do not apply.

That is the point.

State Judges have to answer to Judicial Conduct Commissions which can remove a judge.

Posts: 10902 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
I don’t disagree with you. Have you an opinion on the Sotomayor matter?

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Do you have an opinion on the Thomas matter?

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reading it now.

I have no issue with her getting paid for her book.

I have the same objections and dismay at her getting paid by Random House and not disclosing payments and not recusing herself.

Unlike, the article which dismisses the allegations against the Conservatives.

I have said all along this should be a bipartisan issue to reform the Supreme Court’s lack of ethics.

I have Constitutional Concerns that Congress can impose those ethics. However, such imposition may be the needed catalyst to bring adoption by the Supreme Court of ethics rules.

That is what I would tell the Court if I were a Senator. Adopt the Ethics rules that apply to all other Fed Judges (here they are). In the alternative, Congress will pass these rules on you. If you invalidate them, the fallout is on you.

Oh, and regardless of whether you adopt them, anyone who violates them we are going to impeach.

So, the ball is on your court. By you I mean the scenario with the Court above.

Posts: 10902 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hahahaha!

Lawyers have standards! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66985 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
quote:

That is the point.

State Judges have to answer to Judicial Conduct Commissions which can remove a judge.

I think their personal sense of ethics should mirror the Bar and Federal rules of ethics and they should know how to behave.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:

coffee

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hell, make it like they have here for me.

No gifts allowed, with the exception of employer provided longevity awards.

No food gifts or such more than $15.

No conferences paid for by business related groups. (In my case, drug companies.)

To show how silly it is, we docs can’t go to drug company lunches… but the pharmacists can and have. Guess who makes the decisions on what is on formulary (hint, it isn’t the docs).

I don’t disagree that we need rules for the justices… but I’d prefer the rules be identical for ALL government employees.

Posts: 10628 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

coffee

Sorry. I have admittedly not read everything on the matter so am withholding my opinion but if Thomas is wrong then I think the first thing to figure out is if he did something wrong intentionally or unintentionally.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
So you are prepared to declare the newly disclosed Sotomayor matter as a scandal but want to withhold judgment on the widely reported for weeks Thomas matter. Convenient. Also now appears that Thomas had his benefactor pay his grandnephew’s private school tuition too.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
quote:

That is the point.

I think their personal sense of ethics should mirror the Bar and Federal rules of ethics and they should know how to behave.

Then you agree they need to be forced to adopt ethical rules.

The honor system is not working.

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
It would appear the honor system is not working. I think there may be more facts to come out from the matters of Thomas, Gorsuch, and Sotomayor. I have not concluded a solution yet.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It would appear the honor system is not working. I think there may be more facts to come out from the matters of Thomas, Gorsuch, and Sotomayor. I have not concluded a solution yet.

Yes you have.....

Posts: 15880 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote