Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Governor With A Set Of Balls Login/Join 
one of us
posted
https://www.cbsnews.com/chicag...assault-weapons-ban/ Finally, someone decided to do something.

You certainly won't see Texas governor Greg Abbott grow a set of balls.

What has he done since Uvalde..........nothing. What did he do after El Paso..........nothing. What did he do after Sutherland Springs..........nothing. Does anyone see a pattern?

Posts: 13788 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Many others have called you "A hysterical old woman" due to your rants. This is certainly one of them. I reside in this fiscally and politically screwed up state and this "feel good" bill will certainly be challenged in the courts in the upcoming days. Illinois is run by the crooked Democratic Chicago machine and will do anything to stay in power. You know absolutely nothing about this state if you actually believe your threads title.

This bill if it becomes law, will do absolutely zero in making Illinois safer for its law abiding citizens. There are many reasons why Illinois is at the top of states with residents moving to other states. This will be one of them. Tax and crime increases and loss of personal freedoms go hand in hand with the Illinois Democratic machine.

Oh and by the way, the state legislature quietly voted themselves in a lame duck session, a 16% pay increase. This is on top of a guaranteed annual cost of living increase of app. 3%. I'll give you one guess which party controls the state legislature! Even your peabrain can get that right.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would argue based on Preemption done by the NFA and GCA, and the Dormant Commerce Clause.

Posts: 11037 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank God there will be no more shootings and violence in Chicago now. Problem solved, thanks Dems!

Posts: 316 | Location: Rio Rancho, NM | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P. Jilek:
Thank God there will be no more shootings and violence in Chicago now. Problem solved, thanks Dems!

Yep! All solved!

faint

Clueless democrats and wokesters.....

Posts: 41790 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
many mass shootings also involve handguns modified by switches that turn them into automatic weapons. I never heard of that one, what is it?

One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
https://www.scribd.com/documen...ullscreen&from_embed

The good stuff starts on page 84

Lots of stuff now assault weapons including semi auto shotguns with a pistol grip or thumbhole stock and even, I suppose, a Luger or Browning Hi Power with a shoulder stock.

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, let's do something, anything, even if it only feels good and won't work. Let's ignore the real problem--mental illness--and go after the tools these mass murderers use.

When some kook shoots a bunch of people with a hunting rifle or shotgun, they'll try to ban those too.

If I lived in Illinois, I'd be looking for a free state to move to.

Posts: 6186 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
What has he done since Uvalde..........nothing. What did he do after El Paso..........nothing. What did he do after Sutherland Springs..........nothing. Does anyone see a pattern?

Because there is NO f***ing law that will have an effect…and YOU are too f***ing stupid to understand that.

Secondly, if he did…he would be voted out immediately and rightfully so.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36719 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Just the usual Dem knee jerk reaction to a problem that is multifaceted. Chicago has perhaps the toughest gun laws in the US, is run by Beetlejuice ( a Dem) and is a free fire zone. What a farce! 2020 cuckoo

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13183 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Roland, You are correct about leaving. Plans are already in the works. I plan on a warm, red state. Sad days in the Land of Lincoln.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
An utterly stupid, pointless law that will achieve nothing useful.

Self glorification by a governor with a State and cities that have so much crimes that get un punished.

No wonder! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67079 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
While I agree this may not help, I can't help but notice a full & complete lack of alternatives from the pro gun crowd. Just wave the mental illness wand while being unwilling to do anything about that as well. It would cost money.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I support increased federal and state funding to help treat mental illness. That would help prevent shootings more than gun bans.

Posts: 6186 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
While I agree this may not help, I can't help but notice a full & complete lack of alternatives from the pro gun crowd. Just wave the mental illness wand while being unwilling to do anything about that as well. It would cost money.

In the schools, gun safety, gun injury medical consequences, gun crime legal consequences. " This is what guns do, be it an accident, intentional, an "Act of God". Educate some kids on firearms beyond video games.
After education, provide firearm safety for really free. We can pass out in public bathrooms condoms and make employers provide birth control meds and ofcourse clean needles for shooting drugs need to be in boxes on every street corner, but we cand put boxes of gun cable locks in the high school and we've got $billions to mail to Ukraine but D.C. won't put a cheap steel locking gun cabinet in every US home that wants one.
After safety, real consequences for criminal gun use. Mean it. Society finally says we value human life, we love our neighbors and if you harm them society punishes you.

Illinois obviously doesn't have any interest in it's citizens well being and it's leadership in it's entirety not only is nutless but certainly isn't made up of real men or women.

Posts: 9151 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Basically this is due to the break down of your sick society!

Family values are no longer in existence.

Drugs.

Sick media.

Hero worship.

That is the cause of all this.

Posts: 67079 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Basically this is due to the break down of your sick society!

Family values are no longer in existence.

Drugs.

Sick media.

Hero worship.

That is the cause of all this.

As much as I would like to snap back as to how wrong you are Saeed…

…this^^^ is the truth!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36719 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Roland,
While I don’t disagree with you on mental illness…

…go to Jason’s thread on schools. He can’t get a student into the mental health system for “fear of him being labeled.” We can’t just throw money at mental illness…there has to be a will to deal with it.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have more states run by republicans than democrats. Which of those many republican states, have any sort of education in schools regarding firearms and their safe & proper use? Maybe zero? And I'm not buying the tail wagging the dog shit. The republicans have the legislative numbers but don't, and won't, do shit. They easily have the numbers here in Iowa but our governor is more interested in outing gay teenagers.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Huvius:
https://www.scribd.com/documen...ullscreen&from_embed

The good stuff starts on page 84

Lots of stuff now assault weapons including semi auto shotguns with a pistol grip or thumbhole stock and even, I suppose, a Luger or Browning Hi Power with a shoulder stock.

Pretty damn sad. On the other hand, people who want that kind of legal environment can move there and feel safe. Good for them.

One might point out that I live in a similar legal environment, but it's not out of a phobia towards weapons. Grandmothers rule...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14398 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wymple, pull your head out of your butt ! It has all went beyond a Democrat/Republican problem. It is now a societal problem and the only solution to that will not be made by any current politicians.

Posts: 513 | Location: NE Washington | Registered: 27 September 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
We have more states run by republicans than democrats. Which of those many republican states, have any sort of education in schools regarding firearms and their safe & proper use? Maybe zero? And I'm not buying the tail wagging the dog shit. The republicans have the legislative numbers but don't, and won't, do shit. They easily have the numbers here in Iowa but our governor is more interested in outing gay teenagers.

No difference whatsoever!

The whole system is broken.

Fix it.