New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who pays? Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
With this most recent issue at the trump rally.

It's looking fair to say that the USSS failed in their duty. This resulted in one man murdered and two others severely wounded as a result. Civilians.

Is the Fed responsible for their medical bills, lost income, etc and the expenses for the family who lost their loved one?

~Ann

Posts: 19567 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What does the disclaimer on trump's campaign website say?

You attend at YOUR risk.

If you have medical insurance they will cover a lot of it. Most likely you will have to sue the SS. Don't forget the mental trauma that could be caused by what some saw.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1573 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The rally is for Trump’s benefit.

He should pay! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68809 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
With this most recent issue at the trump rally.

It's looking fair to say that the USSS failed in their duty. This resulted in one man murdered and two others severely wounded as a result. Civilians.

Is the Fed responsible for their medical bills, lost income, etc and the expenses for the family who lost their loved one?

I never cease to be amazed how lawsuits and lawyers become popular with republicans when they're the ones thinking they got fucked over and somebody needs to be held to account.

Good luck suing the SS. They either have complete governmental immunity or damages will be significantly limited. In addition to the problem they'll have with a fact-finder putting 100% causation on the shooter.

The disclaimer on the website is legally meaningless AD.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 16134 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
The rally is for Trump’s benefit.

He should pay! clap

His campaign is notorious for not reimbursing municipalities for extra costs they incur for security when he is in town so good luck with that. FWIW his campaign activities are NOT official government business.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ANTELOPEDUNDEE:
What does the disclaimer on trump's campaign website say?

You attend at YOUR risk.

If you have medical insurance they will cover a lot of it. Most likely you will have to sue the SS. Don't forget the mental trauma that could be caused by what some saw.

SS as a government entity is going to claim sovereignty immunity. The government by legislation has to consent to be sued.

This is just issue spotting. I am not able to brief this very complicated issue here.

The dead killers estate could be liable, but it is judgment proof.

Since, he got the rifle from dad one may have a theory of liability against the father. That being negligent failure to secure or negligence in loaning the firearm.

Posts: 12283 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Since, he got the rifle from dad one may have a theory of liability against the father. That being negligent failure to secure or negligence in loaning the firearm.

And dad is a trumper. Bad boy for not having his weapon under control

Posts: 16167 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
quote:

And dad is a trumper. Bad boy for not having his weapon under control

The kid supposedly borrowed his dad's rifle in the past in order to go to the range. If he returned it in a prudent manner each time and his dad suspected nothing different this time I think it would be difficult to call him negligent.

One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
The father sold the rifle to the kid - or so he says.
Also, the neighbors said they have never seen any political signs in the yard and it is common for people to register as the opposing party to vote in their primaries so affiliation means zip.

Posts: 3325 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Huvius:
The father sold the rifle to the kid - or so he says.
Also, the neighbors said they have never seen any political signs in the yard and it is common for people to register as the opposing party to vote in their primaries so affiliation means zip.

Or some pranksters put them there to harass or bully the kid.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We just don’t have many real facts.

Certainly not enough to pass judgement at this point.

He registered R but donated D. Kind of offsets each other till more info is released.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1993 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote