Find
Notify
Tools

Why weren’t the capital police informed??? Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AFeNSpXZ7SY

This doesn’t change that fact that Trump is a POS and did his best to fan the flames, but it should open some of your eyes to the theater that “they” are orchestrating…

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
How is it even possible that they didn’t know? I knew some bad shit was going to happen just by reading posts at 24Hour campfire. There are many more websites that are more radical. Do capitol police wear blinders when they are off the clock? I mean seriously, there were signs of trouble all over the place.

Posts: 7480 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If Russell Brand is where you get your news you'll believe anything.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9569 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Here is Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund's side of the story.

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarl.../1689783814594174976

Posts: 3 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: 05 August 2021Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:

Jesus, are you that daft? So Brand posts and comments on an interview that Tucker Carlson did with the capital police chief and you discount it because of Brand?
Roll Eyes

Why not point out that it was on youtube, or that Brand was wearing a funny hat?

I guess cognitive dissonance knows no bounds…

Jason

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LongDistanceOperator:
How is it even possible that they didn’t know? I knew some bad shit was going to happen just by reading posts at 24Hour campfire. There are many more websites that are more radical. Do capitol police wear blinders when they are off the clock? I mean seriously, there were signs of trouble all over the place.

I didn’t see it as “they didn’t know”, but that the intelligence agencies did not inform them of the information they had and their specific concerns.

How is this not concerning to you guys?

Do not you really expect the capital police to be doing intelligence gathering in their off time, especially seeing that we have actual intelligence agencies tasked with that?

Jason

-Jason Brown

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Rodney King was just a little more than 30 years ago and since then there has been a steady drum beat of, "defund the police".

Never guessing we'd be here today, I participated to some extent myself.

The place that I and we have pushed law enforcement to today is defeating, emasculating, suicidal. We have given 21st century police no standard, no line in the sand to stand just behind. I am sorry and it is terrible.

The Capitol Police were faced with middle aged white male violent assailants and were actually afraid to defend themselves, the Capitol and our representatives for retribution from the public and their supervisors.

We have gone the wrong way, we have pushed our government the wrong way.

Our police need their night sticks and dogs, their revolvers and shotguns back. "We The People" have castrated the men we readily agree to employ to preserve the peace, to protect the public.

Posts: 9093 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:

Jesus, are you that daft? So Brand posts and comments on an interview that Tucker Carlson did with the capital police chief and you discount it because of Brand?
Roll Eyes

Why not point out that it was on youtube, or that Brand was wearing a funny hat?

I guess cognitive dissonance knows no bounds…

Tucker Carlson, who managed to lie so much even Fox News fired him, interviewing the guy most individually responsible for the security failure at the Capitol, which got him fired, as interpreted by Russell Brand, best known as Katy Perry's ex-husband.

Tonight's episode of Disgruntled Former Employees, presented by Doritos.

Posts: 9569 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
quote:
Originally posted by LongDistanceOperator:

I didn’t see it as “they didn’t know”, but that the intelligence agencies did not inform them of the information they had and their specific concerns.

How is this not concerning to you guys?

Do not you really expect the capital police to be doing intelligence gathering in their off time, especially seeing that we have actual intelligence agencies tasked with that?

Yes, I do expect it. It doesn’t need to be official. It can be as simple as “Hey boss- I saw some disturbing shit online last night. Maybe we should look into this”. It doesn’t need a press conference or an investigation. They could simply put out the word that they need extra cops on January 6th.

This reminds of something an Army Captain told me when I first got in. They put me in the S2 shop (Battalion level intel). His welcome speech included “You are in a no bullshit line of work”. Law enforcement is also a no bullshit line of work. They didn’t take their job seriously and it have cost some cops their lives. They thought they were in a bullshit line of work.

Posts: 7480 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So the capital police should have foreseen that Trump would instigate a violent insurrection on January 6?

Seems to me that nobody but Trump knew what he was going to say that morning.

Just another effort to scapegoat the cops and take the blame off of the guilty parties.

Posts: 6106 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
So the capital police should have foreseen that Trump would instigate a violent insurrection on January 6?

Seems to me that nobody but Trump knew what he was going to say that morning.

Just another effort to scapegoat the cops and take the blame off of the guilty parties.

I don't blame the Capitol Police for the insurrection, I blame them for it not taking until dark to remove the bodies of the ones who forced their way into the Capitol.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I have been saying it for 3 years now. ‘Supposedly’ we have “the best” intelligence agencies. And I believe the intelligence was there.

For “some reason” measures weren’t taken to prevent or to be ready to decisively quell the riot that broke out on Jan 6, 2021.

A properly equipped and informed set of riot-trained officers would have mopped those bozos up expediently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36557 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
I have been saying it for 3 years now. ‘Supposedly’ we have “the best” intelligence agencies. And I believe the intelligence was there.

For “some reason” measures weren’t taken to prevent or to be ready to decisively quell the riot that broke out on Jan 6, 2021.

A properly equipped and informed set of riot-trained officers would have mopped those bozos up expediently.

Or, none of it ever would have come to pass if you hadn't supported and elected trump.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15056 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:

Or, none of it ever would have come to pass if you hadn't supported and elected trump.

It takes a very shallow mind to believe that.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36557 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not really, Trump is unique in that he is completely devoid of morals, not many others have the potential to create the havoc we witnessed on J6th.

No Trump, most likely no failed insurrection.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Trump is merely a symptom of the widening divide on the philosophy of government in the USA.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, he is much more than that. Trump is attempting to break down all behavioral norms. See Chris Christie's comments in the last debate.

Trump is the biggest threat this country has faced in a very, very long time.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
A widening divide fueled by fringe groups on the left and right that are committed to their belief that their view of the world, right and wrong, morality and immorality, etc. is the only reasonable view and that everyone should be forced to conform to their view. Positions that ignore the diverse nature of our culture and are intolerant of views different than their own. So long as we let fringe groups drive the political process and paint compromise as evil, the gap is not likely to close. The good news is that you see the distaste and disgust that most Americans have for both Biden and Trump, the desire most Americans have for an alternative candidate, and you have hope that more and more people realize that the answer does not lie in the fringes.

Mike

Posts: 21212 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Steve,
Maybe chop down some trees so you might begin to see the forest.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have nice views of the forest out any window of my house. Just another benefit to not living in that parched ass crack known as Texas tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...7b757246f89cf9&ei=91

Questionable Revelations About Law Enforcement and January 6 Keep Piling Up
Story by Branko Marcetic •
12h

(excerpts)

Newly released emails show an oddly friendly relationship between the Secret Service and the Oath Keepers militia ahead of the January 6 capitol riot. It’s a reminder that we still don’t know the full story of what happened that day.

The Secret Service, which was run on January 6 by a Trump loyalist who simultaneously held a separate political appointment under him, has already taken flack for some of its agents’ actions when chaos engulfed the Capitol. Secret Service agents reportedly tried to whisk away Mike Pence — who, as vice president, was meant to certify the election result — in the middle of the fray, which he refused to go along with.

A separate email unearthed last year by the January 6 committee found that just eleven days before the incident, a Secret Service field office shared an FBI tip warning that another far-right pro-Trump organization, the Proud Boys, “will have a large enough group to march into DC armed and will outnumber the police” and asking to “please, please take this tip seriously.” This is on top of a leaked list last year revealing that the Oath Keepers — the same group in the CREW emails — counted as members more than three hundred working and retired employees of DHS, the government department that the Secret Service is part of.

A key law-enforcement agency controlled by a Trump loyalist, and which has been accused of trying to enable his attempt to overturn the election, also had a close relationship with an extremist group which viewed itself as mobilizing on his behalf on that day.

But at minimum, all this suggests that a key law-enforcement agency controlled by a Trump loyalist, and which has been accused of trying to enable his attempt to overturn the election on January 6, also had an oddly close relationship with one of the extremist groups who viewed themselves as mobilizing on his behalf on that day. And there are endless future scenarios where this scenario could rear its head in dangerous ways.

This connection is part of a wider and worrying pattern of sympathy within US law enforcement for armed right-wing extremists, and is echoed in what court testimony from last year revealed was a blind spot the FBI had for such groups even as it was infiltrating them, in large part thanks to its fixation on using them to go after the Left.

Perhaps it’s all a big misunderstanding and the truth really is innocent. But the more that efforts to conceal law enforcement’s actions pile up, the less likely this looks — and the less likely it is we’ll ever know for sure.

================================================

It almost worked. If Trump loyalists had succeeded in whisking Pence and others critical to fulfilling their duties that day, then the insurrectionists would have won and got their delay.

If only Trump had deployed his 20,000 shock troops -- next time he will, if given the chance.

It appears a fact that fascist loyalists did infiltrate, and had an integrated plan on Jan 6.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19678 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:

It wasn’t a riot. They were mostly peaceful tourists……… cuckoo space

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13147 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

With hindsight, I think that perhaps a lot of people made some wise (and informed) choices that day. For example the militias didn't bring out their AR15s, although they did bring zip ties. The LEOs didn't intend to "quell" but instead control it and let it play out for the most part. Mass shootings and gas didn't happen. The way it played out resulted in far less damage and loss of life and injury than it could have with a "quell" mission.

Perhaps the non-loyalists (to Trump) KNEW the loyalists plan? Then the way it played out makes sense.

Pence sure as heck seemed to KNOW the plan, and for his part foiled it with no injury. Others knew too.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19678 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:

It takes a very shallow mind to believe that.

Christ, Lane, you're on here defending and deflecting about the insurrection and Capital riot. Trying desperately to blame it on somebody else besides the people who vote with you and believe the same stupid shit you do. And, who support the same idiot you support.... and I'm the one with the shallow mind? dancing

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15056 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
FYI:

https://rollcall.com/2023/08/0...-after-jan-6-attack/

Trump indictment highlights calls to lawmakers after Jan. 6 attack
Prosecutors contend Trump and others redoubled efforts after the violence to convince lawmakers to delay Biden's win

Also FYI:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...709830336ebf0b&ei=17

Trump Campaign Sets New Record
Story by Taylor Gold •
2h

President Donald Trump continues to skyrocket in popularity as his fourth criminal indictment appears to backfire on Democrats with a record-breaking fundraising haul.

Trump raised $7.1 million since receiving his mugshot in Georgia and $4.18 million on Friday alone.

This sets a new record as the single-highest 24-hour period of his campaign to date.

===============================================

Apparently lots of people are going to be disappointed when he's banned from being on the ballots. But I'm sure he will make refunds. Roll Eyes

XXX