New
Find
Notify
Tools

The pathetic GOP Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
From Charlie Sykes at the Bulwark this morning. I could not agree more.

“Observing the House GOP electing a speaker is like watching a monkey trying to hump a football,” wrote former GOP strategist Jeff Timmer.

Frankly, I’m not sure what that means. But I have no trouble envisioning it. And it seems like an absurdly apt image for our absurd moment.

But this is what Republicans wanted, isn’t it? They wanted revolution; they cultivated chaos; they embraced dysfunction. They wanted to burn it all down. This is what they asked for. And now they are getting it good and hard.

This is a party that lost its mind, and then lost its way.

Republicans may continue to win elections, and even regain power. But what we are seeing is a political party that has lost the ability to govern even at the most basic level.

For years, Republicans have descended deeper and deeper into their own hermetically sealed silos of outrage and disinformation, and mainlined the politics of demagoguery, insult, and disinformation.

They scoffed at norms, flouted the law, and lost interest in the idea of majority rule. They mocked consensus, compromise, prudence, and bipartisanship, and promoted and empowered political suicide bombers. They handed flamethrowers to clowns.

And, of course, this is a party that took its direction from Donald Trump, swallowing one indecency, insult, and enormity after another.

Look around this morning.

This is very much his party now, and this is what it looks like: a deeply unserious party in deeply serious times.

So, what happens now? Honestly, who the f*** knows?

It could be Jim Jordan. It could be the second coming of Kevin McCarthy. It could be giving the acting speaker, Patrick McHenry, more power. It could be time for the GOP normies to exercise their leverage. And it could be that the GOP will beg the Democrats to bail them out. Or it could a dumpster fire without end.

Meanwhile, the clock runs. And the world burns.

Happy Friday.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16415 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No Party unable to govern themselves should be entrusted to govern the United States.

They won't do it any better.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The only hope the GOP has is to turn their back on MAGA and everything those turds stand for.

I'm tempted to say I could vote for Nikki Haley, because I don't believe she would be a MAGA puppet, and she has the experience needed. It might depend on who she would select as her running mate. A MAGA ass-kisser and I'll vote Democrat again.

My only qualm is that she kissed Trump's ass just like the rest of the MAGgots.

The current MAGA GOP is a sorry excuse for what the GOP used to be.

Posts: 13782 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13782 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
She kissed trump's ass along with the rest of them. I wouldn't trust her.

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
I agree with everything she said. https://www.cnn.com/videos/pol...-sotu-tapper-vpx.cnn

Do you agree with her that Biden is the cause of or reason for the current GOP clusterfuck in the House?

https://www.aol.com/news/tappe...aming-142537071.html

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1209 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now the GOP is blaming the democrats for their self inflicted mess because they won't put aside their partisan politics to help elect a GOP speaker. Unbelievable. Not a single republican EVER voted for Pelosi. Not one, ever. Pot, meet kettle.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And the most likely suspect for election is Gym Jordan. That'll be a clusterfuck of monumental proportions. barf

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15122 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are 221 republicans in the house & they can't put forth anyone better than Jordan, when anyone would be better than Jordan. Collectively spineless and/or stupid. In many cases both.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aww, donalducks feelings are hurt...shame on you rhinos...

one of us
posted Hide Post
What we need is to have some middle of the road Democrats get together with some middle of the road Republicans and start compromising and tell the crazy members of both parties to go FU** off and start doing what is right for the country and not what the fringe crazies want.

Posts: 508 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote